Kentucky and Virginia with damaging losses tonight | Syracusefan.com

Kentucky and Virginia with damaging losses tonight

Marsh01

Living Legend
UK falls to Georgia and Virginia goes down to Florida State

Bubble city

One of my coworkers is a diehard Kentucky fan. He mentioned the other day that he thought if they didn't beat Georgia, they have no shot at making the tournament. Guess he'll be drinking heavily tonight.

Not that it will be amazing basketball, but the SEC tourney may be the most important tourney next week (for bubble anyway)

oh man the UK board is hilarious. I wish I could drink their tears.
cartman_tears.gif

UK is off the bubble at this point imo. Although, they are UK. If they were "insert random school here" then I would say they have zero chance.

One of my coworkers is a diehard Kentucky fan. He mentioned the other day that he thought if they didn't beat Georgia, they have no shot at making the tournament. Guess he'll be drinking heavily tonight.
It really saddens me that the best bought college team in the land may not make the tournament with the greatest coach on earth.

Boy, Arkansas isn't doing very well. I just read that they lost at South Carolina this week by 30!!

Louisiana Tec could be an interesting team if it loses its tourney.

Its up 23-15 at New Mexico St currently, and would be 17-0 in tje WAC (elevent ranked conference in RPI).

But 27-4, RPI in 40s, and 5-4 record vs top 100. Are they in or generic SEC team?

Louisiana Tec could be an interesting team if it loses its tourney.

Its up 23-15 at New Mexico St currently, and would be 17-0 in tje WAC (elevent ranked conference in RPI).

But 27-4, RPI in 40s, and 5-4 record vs top 100. Are they in or generic SEC team?

I think La Tech gets in

Its 1-0 record vs top 50 will be used against them, but as I fan I would certainly prefer a team like this receive a shot rather than a Tennessee.

And now New Mex St is on a 15-0 run... jinx

yea at this point picking the last 4 teams in is like throwing darts :

with several options looking similar: iowa state,la salle,tennessee,charlotte,alabama,iowa,virginia,umass,kentucky,ole miss,southern miss,providence,maryland

I know a lot of people who are big UK fans. Most just suck it up and admit they are just not very good this year.

Me? I'm loving it.

the entire country has damaging losses.

either you're gunning for a #1 seed and losing to horrible teams or your on the bubble and losing to horrible teams. it doesnt matter.

gonzaga is the worst #1 team i have ever seen. I'm giving it a 25% chance they lose to a 16 seed and a 40% chance that 1 of the 4 1 seeds loses to a 16.

UK and VA both have decent shots to get in but they need a couple of wins. UK is UK. They travel more than anybody. They're going to have to continue to play their way out in order not get an invite. They beat FLA this weekend then they'll be in good shape.

Oregon is getting run by Colorado. How are they even ranked in the Teena to begin with?

Virginia will have the most ever bad losses of an at large if they are in. 7 sub 100 losses -- including #318 in the RPI.

4 top 50 wins, Claudine Duke and at Wisconsin, Its a fascinating resume, Committee does tend to lean more towards top wins and will forgive a team with a few more bad losses. But 7?

Remember committee is supposed to look an entire body of work, and no longer values Feb/Mar contests more.

UK and VA both have decent shots to get in but they need a couple of wins. UK is UK. They travel more than anybody. They're going to have to continue to play their way out in order not get an invite. They beat FLA this weekend then they'll be in good shape.
Floridas bench would beat UK this weekend. Best team in the country vs. Garbage. Should be fun

It is probably very petty of me that I am will be happy if Kentucky gets left out. I actually hope CBS is there with cameras when it is announced they're NIT bound.

yea at this point picking the last 4 teams in is like throwing darts :

with several options looking similar: iowa state,la salle,tennessee,charlotte,alabama,iowa,virginia,umass,kentucky,ole miss,southern miss,providence,maryland
Kentucky is in great company in that list!

The thing I really hope that kids in high school see this years KU team and realize you can have a bunch of big name sophomores and freshmen and walk to the tourney every year. Maybe this will throw off Cal's pitch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom