Kentucky attendance down, SU might wear the crown | Syracusefan.com

Kentucky attendance down, SU might wear the crown

But I am sure at some point this year we will hear the narrative from some announcer that Kentucky always sells out and you can never get tickets to their games. His name rhymes with Bikes.

Since it became apparent that we're a lock to finish #1, I forgot to follow Kentucky's early crowds. Oh well.

Maybe the Kentucky fans are getting tired of the Calipari revolving door recruitment policy?

You make a serious and important point. What are some of the reasons why we love college basketball and especially our Orangemen? It's because there is the feeling of family. There is the feeling of being able to watch these kids develop. We know their stories. We are not watching a bunch of grown ass men, but boys becoming men. When younger, they're like our cousins. As we age, we realize these kids could be our kids. And as we REALLY age, than we feel that we are everyone's Grandmaw! (eh, maybe you should strike that)

The point is, the fun in following the team comes from connectedness, and how can you connect to a team where year after year, the players just get up and go?

Amazing after that big NIT appearance I would have expected ticket sales to have soared.

In all reality, I hear its because the fans didn't recognize the team...give them a couple of games they'll come out again.

Maybe the Kentucky fans are getting tired of the Calipari revolving door recruitment policy?
Probably sick of paying rising game prices from year to year in order to offset the cost to pay Cal's recruits. Someone has to suffer for this so why not the fan base. Like Jimmy Connors said at his last Grand Slam at US Open about the fans: "This is what they paid for."

A strong home schedule has helped our attendance but has definitely dropped their attendance! Their top home games are Florida and Louisville. The SEC is horrendous this year and they have no marquee teams coming in! Last year they were coming off of the NC and tanked with a terrible home schedule also.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom