Kentucky vs PSU | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Kentucky vs PSU

Our coaching staff is soooooo much better then PSU’s. What was Franklin thinking when not going for it on 4th down.

Our coaching staff is soooooo much better then PSU’s. What was Franklin thinking when not going for it on 4th down.
Our staff is better than Kentucky's too. Until that last drive it was like they were afraid to give the ball twice in a row to their bell-cow, Snell.

Love to see Penn State lose. Question is...will Cuse be ranked higher than them in the final polls?

I would assume we should also pass them in the rankings.
AP/Coaches polls have no bearing on the Lambert Trophy. They have their own set of voters.

I'm old enough to remember a year when SU was 7-3, PedSt was 6-4, and the Orange won the head-to-head. The Nits were awarded the trophy. Explanation--PSU finished stronger and were the better team at the end of the season.

I don't trust the process, or the hide-bound voters.

With #15 WVU losing and #12 PSU losing, the Final AP poll should now have room for both #16 Kentucky and #17 Syracuse to finish the year in the Top 15. Will feel better if #14 Texas loses tonight.

Cheers,
Neil

AP/Coaches polls have no bearing on the Lambert Trophy. They have their own set of voters.

I'm old enough to remember a year when SU was 7-3, PedSt was 6-4, and the Orange won the head-to-head. The Nits were awarded the trophy. Explanation--PSU finished stronger and were the better team at the end of the season.

Lambert always look for reasons to give it to PSU although the real winner should probably be Army.

Cheers,
Neil

With #15 WVU losing and #12 PSU losing, the Final AP poll should now have room for both #16 Kentucky and #17 Syracuse to finish the year in the Top 15. Will feel better if #14 Texas loses tonight.

Cheers,
Neil
Texas will get their doors blown off.

Franklin is so stupid. Mismanaged his TOs, left him with :01 on clock and 90 yards to go. Cost them any chance at winning game. What a dope.

Lambert always look for reasons to give it to PSU although the real winner should probably be Army.

Cheers,
Neil
Army played an extremely easy schedule. Only played two P5 teams. Lost to both of them. One of them was a mediocre Duke team that went 3-5 in the weak ACC Coastal division.

Wins over teams like Liberty, Lafayette, Colgate and 3 MAC schools just don’t cut it if you want to win the Lambert. You have to have some wins of substance.

Army played an extremely easy schedule. Only played two P5 teams. Lost to both of them. One of them was a mediocre Duke team that went 3-5 in the weak ACC Coastal division.

Wins over teams like Liberty, Lafayette, Colgate and 3 MAC schools just don’t cut it if you want to win the Lambert. You have to have some wins of substance.

All good points. And trust me, I want Syracuse to win it. But Army is finishing in the Top 25 and they are the feel good team of the year for many simply because they are Army and played Oklahoma to overtime. Lambert sometimes does strange things. They may view this year as the last time they are likely to give it to Army while believing Syracuse is a rising team and will likely have more chances of winning it very soon.

Hope you are right and I am wrong. Although, they may split the difference and give it PSU again as well. One never knows what they will do. :confused:

Cheers,
Neil

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DTCSEC

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom