Kentucky | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Kentucky

I finally watched Kentucky play the last two games. There are lots of similarities this year with them, IMO. Some good length, not much interior scoring, not a lot of quickness, raw players, bad basketball IQ, poor shooting. They have a little bit more ability off the bounce with guys like SGA, Knox, Hami so their offense (basically what we are trying to run) is a little bit more successful. Washington and Vanderbilt give them more ability than us scoring inside but they are not good rebounders. Cal switched it up to zone a couple of times in both games and it helped.

- This is a team who is going to get bounced first round. Not enough shooting and they don’t play hard enough. Bottom of the SEC is a little better than in previous years so they will lose a few more and get in as a 7-8 seed or something like that.

- This Hamidou Diallo has got to be one of the more overrated players coming into college in recent years. I mean this guy was hyped up like a Wiggins. He’s sort of like Paul Harris. Dunks and transition that’s it. He has zero offensive skill but can get some rebounds, steals, blocks. I thought he was going to be more explosive as well. He looks 6’5 at best. Quade looked lost yeasterday and didn’t look quick or that good with the ball. They are very lucky Gilgeous-Alexander has been handling PG duties for the most part lately and doing well. He’s like a better Frank. Similar size, both lanky, he’s a tad quicker but has a better feel for the position. He’s not giving up his dribble as easily, splitting double-teams and not letting a hedge defender really bother him. Frank is a better 3pt shooter. Knox looks the part but stays on the perimeter mostly from what I saw. Mississippi St has a couple of good interior players and gave them problems last night but Miss St just made too many foolish turnovers. UK pulled away in the last couple of minutes. Very similar to our game against Pitt.

Last edited:
I finally watched Kentucky play the last two games. There are lots of similarities this year with them, IMO. Some good length, not much interior scoring, not a lot of quickness, raw players, bad basketball IQ, poor shooting. They have a little bit more ability off the bounce with guys like SGA, Knox, Hami so their offense (basically what we are trying to run) is a little bit more successful. Washington and Vanderbilt give them more ability than us scoring inside but they are not good rebounders. Cal switched it up to zone a couple of times in both games and it helped.

- This is a team who is going to get bounced first round. Not enough shooting and they don’t play hard enough. Bottom of the SEC is a little better than in previous years so they will lose a few more and get in as a 7-8 seed or something like that.

- This Hamidou Diallo has got to be one of the more overrated players coming into college in recent years. I mean this guy was hyped up like a Wiggins. He’s sort of like Paul Harris. Dunks and transition that’s it. He has zero offensive skill but can get some rebounds, steals, blocks. I thought he was going to be more explosive as well. He looks 6’5 at best. Quade looked lost yeasterday and didn’t look quick or that good with the ball. They are very lucky Gilgeous-Alexander has been handling PG duties for the most part lately and doing well. He’s like a better Frank. Similar size, both lanky, he’s a tad quicker but has a better feel for the position. He’s not giving up his dribble as easily, splitting double-teams and not letting a hedge defender really bother him. Frank is a better 3pt shooter. Knox looks the part but stays on the perimeter mostly from what I saw. Mississippi St has a couple of good interior players and gave them problems last night but Miss St just made too many foolish turnovers. UK pulled away in the last couple of minutes. Very similar to our game against Pitt.
Cal’s Best teams had upperclassmen who helped them mesh while he brought in one and dones

Plus he one and dones before we John Wall, Demarcus Cousins, Anthony Davis, Devan Booker.
Those teams were all dominant and the team with Karl Anthony Towns that went undefeated till the Final Four had Sophomore Harrison twins and Junior Wily Cauley-Stein.

These last Kentucky teams haven’t had the elite one and dones and mesh of upperclassmen.

Cal’s Best teams had upperclassmen who helped them mesh while he brought in one and dones

Plus he one and dones before we John Wall, Demarcus Cousins, Anthony Davis, Devan Booker.
Those teams were all dominant and the team with Karl Anthony Towns that went undefeated till the Final Four had Sophomore Harrison twins and Junior Wily Cauley-Stein.

These last Kentucky teams haven’t had the elite one and dones and mesh of upperclassmen.

Yeah it was noted by the commentators and by Cal himself that they play better when Gabriel is in the lineup. He doesn’t do all that much even though he is a nice looking player physically and athletically, but, he knows how to play the game better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom