Keon's back... and some Sales news. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Keon's back... and some Sales news.

i think pairis and thompson are going to be STARS here, but not sure we are ready to run both on the field at the same time next year. Gulley/Smith combo with a little AMM sprinkled in there kind of excites me, especially Gulley because I think hes going to have a great year next year. I am getting away from the question, but I think overall we have the most "skill" players available then we have had under Doug. Throw in a Kobena if he can catch the ball in camp and maybe we can mix some stuff up. I'm probably as optimistic as they come to be honest, but I JUST WISH WE WERE IN A BOWL, ITS EATING ME ALIVE. I'd love the liberty bowl or something... :bang:
Gulley is the key. Kid has a chance to be good in this O if he can stay healthy and out of trouble

Sales was cleared by the SU judicial board. I would think that would be his biggest hurdle.

Lewis and McFarlane will both be candidates to move to safety but both should start out on O. Syracuse is bringing in Lewis as a WR.
I hope that Mcfarlane gets a good shot at O as we are in need of some playmakers. I dont know much about lewis to make a call but he sure as heck caught a ton of balls this year

Sales was cleared by the SU judicial board. I would think that would be his biggest hurdle.
If charges are dropped by the police and he is cleared by the judicial board there is no reason why Doug would not allow him back.

Yeah but how can we get them on the field with all the FB and two tight end sets?

I think we will see the continued, but gradual, "opening up" of the offense by running fewer two-TE sets and getting a third WR out there more often. If Sales makes it back and establishes a place up on top of the depth chart, this will easily be our most experienced WR corp in years. Which is good for production, but also means we have to get West, Foster, and Hale involved, cause a great big void would exist after graduation of the top-3. Also, I firmly believe that Provo may have dragged things down a bit. A very good player, and one of the top TEs we have had here, but I don't think he will be missed. His lack of explosiveness fit in with the rest of our offensive players, but plain and simple he was too good to sit, keeping more athletic receiving options on the bench.

Love the news on both counts. Really like the potential of Lyn and I maintain that, as good as Lemon and Graham were on occasion this year, Sales is/was our best WR. His return would help, though I suppose I can't really comment on practice habits/attitude, etc.

I'm very happy about the potential return of Sales.

Sales and Lemon are going to be very good together.

I like the potential of West as the third guy and my gut right now says the next two off the bench are Hale and the freshmen Ben Lewis.

I know nothing of the kid, but if you're looking for a good candidate to be "under the radar" Lewis is it. Middletown, DE is the middle of nowhere.

Huge news re: Keon. As I've been saying all year, he's our best pure cover corner in years. Very happy that he'll be back next year.
Eskeridge will be better.

Glad to have Lynn back. According to Rhame Dorian Graham is done. Jones and Shamarko are going to test draft waters.

Haven't seen Beckett Wales mentioned at all as another potential weapon in our receiving arsenal. All his tattoos should make him a serious bad ass receiving threat. Definitely the scariest looking guy on the field...I wouldn't want to cover him.

Does Lewis have any speed, or is he a posession-type?

Haven't seen Beckett Wales mentioned at all as another potential weapon in our receiving arsenal. All his tattoos should make him a serious bad ass receiving threat. Definitely the scariest looking guy on the field...I wouldn't want to cover him.
he struggled this year -- i am not expecting much from him next year