Kerr Had Concerns About Carmelo Changing Game, Dolan's Impatience | Syracusefan.com

Kerr Had Concerns About Carmelo Changing Game, Dolan's Impatience

I think the Knicks job will be a much tougher sell than people expect. I think that Phil Jackson is going to want them to run his triangle offense, and that impacts the players and who you can choose as a coach. You look at Minnesota where Rambis tried to put in the triangle when Jonny Flynn was there and it was a disaster, I think Phil has to blow up the Knicks and rebuild. Melo doesn't fit. Stoudamire is a second unit player and Chandler is starting to show the wear and tear at center. No quality point guard, no inside depth and not enough 3 point shooters. What a mess!

I think the Knicks job will be a much tougher sell than people expect. I think that Phil Jackson is going to want them to run his triangle offense, and that impacts the players and who you can choose as a coach. You look at Minnesota where Rambis tried to put in the triangle when Jonny Flynn was there and it was a disaster, I think Phil has to blow up the Knicks and rebuild. Melo doesn't fit. Stoudamire is a second unit player and Chandler is starting to show the wear and tear at center. No quality point guard, no inside depth and not enough 3 point shooters. What a mess!
Melo needs to get out of town, Isaiah with all his stupid trading of draft picks for players who couldn't play, means the Knick's have no chance for at least 5 or 6 years. Phil has to blow this entire team up, and start from scratch, and without any good draft picks its going to take at least 5 years.

Melo needs to get out of town, Isaiah with all his stupid trading of draft picks for players who couldn't play, means the Knick's have no chance for at least 5 or 6 years. Phil has to blow this entire team up, and start from scratch, and without any good draft picks its going to take at least 5 years.
Beyond that, a coach like Thibodeau is good for Melo. He's had lot's of recent success with his disciplined system, so Melo will have to fall in line if he wants to win.

I agree with this (and I'm a Knicks fan). Phil is a first timer in terms of running the show. Plus Dolan isn't going anywhere. If Phil wants the triangle, it means the coaches he has to choose from are limited.

So you have an owner who has a bad track record, a brand new guy running the show (no matter how good a coach he was) and a coach, whomever they get, that will be, at the very best, second choice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom