Kevin Drew with the trifecta ... DWI, Hit and Run, and Resisting | Syracusefan.com

Kevin Drew with the trifecta ... DWI, Hit and Run, and Resisting

Suspended indefinitely pending internal investigation.

or until February.

Just read about it in USAToday. So we've gone national. Just great.

To me, the most worrisome thing is that he was driving a vehicle registered to the coach. There is no good way to spin that. Even if he was borrowing his roomie's car, I'm sure that the NCAA will have a huge problem with any player driving a car owned by the coach.

Even if the guy had a good reason, a player shouldn't be allowed to drive a vehicle owned by a coach.

At the other end of the spectrum is the unspoken implication of "coach providing car to his player via possession of his son". Regardless of whether or not it's true, it could be interpreted that way by some. Not something SU needs or wants.

So many kids make horrible decisions! You would think by the time they were seniors and about to go forth in the world their brains would work better. In football it was senior Marcus Sales who put himself in the wrong place at the wrong time. In Sales case he was an under-the-radar possible draft pick similar to Mike Williams. A whole season ahead of him to add to his resume, help his team achieve another winning season and play in another bowl.

In Drew's case he had a chance to be a part of a potential national championship team. Instead he may have thrown his career away here at Syracuse and worse yet may have jeopardized the entire program. As fans we have the right to be pissed off at him. Billy must be real proud of him right now.

Just read about it in USAToday. So we've gone national. Just great.

To me, the most worrisome thing is that he was driving a vehicle registered to the coach. There is no good way to spin that. Even if he was borrowing his roomie's car, I'm sure that the NCAA will have a huge problem with any player driving a car owned by the coach.

Even if the guy had a good reason, a player shouldn't be allowed to drive a vehicle owned by a coach.

At the other end of the spectrum is the unspoken implication of "coach providing car to his player via possession of his son". Regardless of whether or not it's true, it could be interpreted that way by some. Not something SU needs or wants.

Desko owning the car is no problem. He is a father too and has every right to provide a car for his son should he wish to. Maybe Drew stole the car and maybe not. But, you can be sure that is what will be stated. Prepare to go under the bus Kevin.

Desko owning the car is no problem. He is a father too and has every right to provide a car for his son should he wish to. Maybe Drew stole the car and maybe not. But, you can be sure that is what will be stated. Prepare to go under the bus Kevin.

No question that he goes under the bus. John has every right to buy a car for his son and his son has a right to drive it. That's where it ends though and both Tim and Drew should have known it.

Maybe Drew stole the car (more likely borrowed it) or maybe he was allowed to drive it on a regular basis. who knows.

But a player driving a car registered to a coach looks bad regardless of the story behind it. I have personal knowledge of some stuff that happened under Roy Jr., and I'd prefer that the NCAA keep past history in the past and not have a reason to come sniffing around again.

No question that he goes under the bus. John has every right to buy a car for his son and his son has a right to drive it. That's where it ends though and both Tim and Drew should have known it.

Maybe Drew stole the car (more likely borrowed it) or maybe he was allowed to drive it on a regular basis. who knows.

But a player driving a car registered to a coach looks bad regardless of the story behind it. I have personal knowledge of some stuff that happened under Roy Jr., and I'd prefer that the NCAA keep past history in the past and not have a reason to come sniffing around again.

So true Dick, it's a loose ship that may have tightened over the years but its still loose

His BAC was .25%???

Yeah, that's "a lot".

Knucklehead. :bang:

I wonder if he filled it up with gas for Desko least the kid could do