Kevin Marks (U Buffalo RB) ... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Kevin Marks (U Buffalo RB) ...

That's not true.
I stopped posting/monitoring the thread because I posted that I thought our depth was fine and it seemed everyone disagreed. Maybe in the past couple days the moods changed idk

I stopped posting/monitoring the thread because I posted that I thought our depth was fine and it seemed everyone disagreed. Maybe in the past couple days the moods changed idk
Oh, ok. I read your post differently, as if we were agonizing over losing a guy that was merely a backup.

That thread has become a twisted mess which I have contributed to unfortunately.

there are a bunch of other spots I worry about making stronger before I go to a RB. The issue isnt the guys running, its been the holes being opened.

there are a bunch of other spots I worry about making stronger before I go to a RB. The issue isnt the guys running, its been the holes being opened.
By the end of the year we were converting players from WR to RB. RB is an issue as much as anywhere else. Sure Tucker looked promising but we are far from good at that position like most others.

Ah, yes. The way back to winning is the second best running back on a MAC team.
Well Purdue, Auburn and UCF definitely disagree with this statement. He seems good enough for them.

Well Purdue, Auburn and UCF definitely disagree with this statement. He seems good enough for them.
I'll take the L on this one, but it doesn't change the fact that not every guy on the transfer portal will make Syracuse better, as some here seem to believe is the case.

My understanding is we have the following at RB going into 2021. Tucker (starting), Lutz, Pena (recruited as athlete, not as RB) and incoming freshman Hough. That's all the RBs on the team I believe. I don't count Wax as he showed huge upside on defense and don't believe he would be moved. So 4 backs total. To me just from a numbers standpoint you gotta use 1 of our 4 remaining on a transfer RB.

My understanding is we have the following at RB going into 2021. Tucker (starting), Lutz, Pena (recruited as athlete, not as RB) and incoming freshman Hough. That's all the RBs on the team I believe. I don't count Wax as he showed huge upside on defense and don't believe he would be moved. So 4 backs total. To me just from a numbers standpoint you gotta use 1 of our 4 remaining on a transfer RB.
Jarveon Howard would be a welcome addition to the RB room

You are right 4 backs is not ideal. Especially with 2 having no experience at the position. The staff not making moves that would suggest they are thinking someone is coming back. I’m not sure Pena would be moved there.

Jarveon Howard would be a welcome addition to the RB room

I would love to see him back. I've always felt he could be a very effective college back. Would be a nice add to what is shaping up to be a strong but not necessarily deep group.

You are right 4 backs is not ideal. Especially with 2 having no experience at the position. The staff not making moves that would suggest they are thinking someone is coming back. I’m not sure Pena would be moved there.
So if one of the young men who chose not to play in 2020, decides to come back that makes a big difference and agree that changes the offseason needs. There had not been any chatter on this and so indeed this is potentially great news. Good stuff!

1st guy I've heard do that. Think it's a smart move. He'll be the starting back for a team that's proven they can run block.
Yup, I think he is clearly the man at UB. I dont think there is anyone else in the RB group that can challenge him. He probably realized he will be sharing carries a lot more than he wants if he went to a P5 school.

What is Howards status? Has he said he's moving on? Draft? (I sure hope not for his sake) may return?

They've got a monster o line at UB. I'd still take him, why not