Kevin Stallings to Pitt | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Kevin Stallings to Pitt

orangenirvana said:
Actually at least one of their forums is in some serious denial. This guy is actually citing a sentence from wikipedia. "He is the future coach of the Pitt Panthers." Seems legit lol
That's classic Enfield isn't leaving USC unless a top level school comes calling. He'll have a very good team next year while making over 1 million a year. Plus put yourself in Enfield's shoes, your last few coaching jobs have been in Tallahassee FL, Fort Myers Fl, and LA Cal. Would you really want to go to sPitt after that?

Gene Stallings isn't he a football coach? I see they are not going to change their style of play.

That's too good to be true.

Hilarious. Stallings must have some kind of dirt on this guy.

If I was a Pitt fan I would be beyond pissed.

Yeah, that is NOT what you want to read. Hey, we got a search committee, and they picked their friend for us!!! Wooooohoooo!!! And a guy that treated Jeter like *** when he tried to transfer here!

Pitt board up in arms over this hire. I don't know a lot about him but it does seem strange.

The blogs about a fan revolt, vowing not to buy tickets are already starting.

https://joeweasel.wordpress.com/2016/03/27/fan-revolt-the-ultimate-pitting/

Apparently Stallings even threatened to kill a player during a handshake line.

This has been one of the best 10 day periods of my life.

Cheers,
Neil

Who doesn't threaten to kill players during the handshake line? I used to do it all the time.

"Good game."

"I'll kill you."

"Good game."

"I'll kill you."

"Good game."

"I'm going to kill that last kid."

Seems normal enough to me.

Pitt does understand they're Pitt, right? Ben Howland came and brought a style of play that enabled them to win with less talent in the Big East. Their players were tough and played hard and disciplined. When Ben left, Jamie Dixon was promoted and they carried on. That style of play does not allow for great success in the NCAA. Most coaches know that they aren't going to be able to take Pitt up a notch. Historically they have gotten very few elite talents.

Since he wasn't fired is there a buyout due? Would love to know the contract term. Instead of Vanderbilt paying Stallings, does Pitt have to pay Vanderbilt to get Stallings, a guy Vandy wanted to fire?

The quality of the video is terrible...but Stallings refusing to give Noah the ball back. What a hire!

That's classic Enfield isn't leaving USC unless a top level school comes calling. He'll have a very good team next year while making over 1 million a year. Plus put yourself in Enfield's shoes, your last few coaching jobs have been in Tallahassee FL, Fort Myers Fl, and LA Cal. Would you really want to go to sPitt after that?
Enfield likes warm weather. Not trading LA for frigid Pittsburgh.

Stallings is a solid coach. Not a real good recruiter but maybe that had something to to do with Vandy's academic requirements. I'm just glad to not have to face Dixon anymore. Don't ever schedule TCU.

Hey, he's better than Herb Sendek!

In all seriousness, he'll keep them winning. Vanderbilt has some fans and they do a good job of filling their place but they're third fiddle most years in their own state and God knows whether he was allowed to recruit the same kinds of kids as Memphis or Tennessee. It'll be easier at Pitt. Don't know if he'll ever break through. Seems like 20-win seasons and the odd Sweet 16 are his upper limit, but who knows?

be interesting to see if they can keep the core - Artis/Young/Jeter/Jones - together

be interesting to see if they can keep the core - Artis/Young/Jeter/Jones - together

Jeter must be thrilled!!! Maybe he can x-fer back to Vandy now - and then Stallings can block it...again!

Wonder if the contract hasn't been signed and this is a trial balloon and with the outrage seen they'd change their mind.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom