Key Clemson players Cuse didn't see last year | Syracusefan.com

Key Clemson players Cuse didn't see last year

JHolladay84

Walk On
Shipley, Bresee, T. Davis, Briningstool are all big time contributors that were out of last years game. Throw in guys like Fr. WR Antonio Williams, stud LB's Carter and Trotter Jr, it'll be a dif aspect then last year. Not to mention just like Shrader, DJ is having a night and day season from last year as well. The injury bug bit Clemson hard last year, probably why they had their leading rusher and receiver both true freshman's. I'm the type that like to see both teams at full strength to get the best possible outcome. Clemson def has the advantage talent wise and being at home. It'll be a tough task, but that's why the game is played!

Shipley, Bresee, T. Davis, Briningstool are all big time contributors that were out of last years game. Throw in guys like Fr. WR Antonio Williams, stud LB's Carter and Trotter Jr, it'll be a dif aspect then last year. Not to mention just like Shrader, DJ is having a night and day season from last year as well. The injury bug bit Clemson hard last year, probably why they had their leading rusher and receiver both true freshman's. I'm the type that like to see both teams at full strength to get the best possible outcome. Clemson def has the advantage talent wise and being at home. It'll be a tough task, but that's why the game is played!

Welcome to the board. The players you mentioned are all very good players. Several of those players will be playing on Sundays.

This is clearly the toughest test for Syracuse so far this season; playing an outstanding team in front of 80,000+ homecoming fans.

- Win the turnover margin
- Offense: Convert on third downs.
- Defense: Get off the field on third downs.
- Special teams: create explosive plays; blocked kicks, big returns, turnovers. Prevent explosive plays by Clemson.
- Reduce penalties.

Play hard, play smart, stay healthy

In the words of Mr. Jones, “Why not us???”

Go Orange!

1666378038116.jpeg

Yep, we're unique on both sides of the ball - will be a test for those new to playing Syracuse ;)

No doubt you have better personel than last year. We are significantly better team as well.

Definitely hope the defense keys on Briningstool in the red zone. I see he has 4 TD's already and I feel like we really haven't played any good TE's yet. I can see him doing some damage and be a go to player in this game against us match up wise.

Last edited:
and we played the game last yr with an oline that had about 3 healthy legs between the 5 guys.

Wait, so how many do they get on the field at once now?

And Cuse have potentially 5 or more starters that won't be playing tomorrow. Make sure to let the Tigers players know they won't have to work too hard and to jog through the game to save legs for later games.

In all honesty Clemson should win this game on paper unless they come out nervous or cocky. I don't think Dabo allows his teams to be either but Cuse has some talent this year capable of testing you lot a proper run.

No doubt you have better personel than last year. We are significantly better team as well.

Definitely hope the defense keys on Briningstool in the red zone. I see he has 4 TD's already and I feel like we really haven't played any good TE's yet. I can see him doing some damage and be a go to player in this game against us match up wise.
Uh, that dillweed Payne for Purdue, did a fairly good impersonation of a good TE though.

I can argue that they didn't see this version of Shrader last year ... they didn't see Gadsden who is a matchup nightmare or Linton or Geer or Lowery. Your secondary is a mess and our passing game is vastly improved. You also don't have the veteran leadership of Skalski or Spector any longer and thankfully we still have Jones and Wax. I think should be a fun and close game .. do I think its a foregone conclusion Clemson wins? No ... do I think its Cuse's game for the taking? No ... I felt coming into the season based on attrition and last years clash this would be a coin toss, still feel that way. This will come down to one or two pivotal plays. I'm thankful Ross is gone he would have been a handful and Ngata is no slouch but physically Ross was a really tough matchup ... if you look at Clemson this year they have struggled with TEs and H backs which is where Gadsden can make his mark. If Clemson doesn't clean that up he will dwarf the numbers put up by Herbert of LT or Miller of Furman. This is going to be a battle ...

Uh, that dillweed Payne for Purdue, did a fairly good impersonation of a good TE though.
Yeah true I guess he is pretty good and maybe the only good one we seemed to have played. And he had 9 catches for 83 yds and 2 TD’s. So yeah I think a good TE is a concern.

I can argue that they didn't see this version of Shrader last year ... they didn't see Gadsden who is a matchup nightmare or Linton or Geer or Lowery. Your secondary is a mess and our passing game is vastly improved. You also don't have the veteran leadership of Skalski or Spector any longer and thankfully we still have Jones and Wax. I think should be a fun and close game .. do I think its a foregone conclusion Clemson wins? No ... do I think its Cuse's game for the taking? No ... I felt coming into the season based on attrition and last years clash this would be a coin toss, still feel that way. This will come down to one or two pivotal plays. I'm thankful Ross is gone he would have been a handful and Ngata is no slouch but physically Ross was a really tough matchup ... if you look at Clemson this year they have struggled with TEs and H backs which is where Gadsden can make his mark. If Clemson doesn't clean that up he will dwarf the numbers put up by Herbert of LT or Miller of Furman. This is going to be a battle ...
Agree but not sure I’d call it a coin toss. I’d say more of a die toss game where Cuse wins on a 1 or a 6. A 1 for Clemson’s first home loss in way too long and a 6 for Shrader playing a solid game with no picks. Let’s roll a 1 or a 6!

Last edited: