Key Sequence IMO... | Syracusefan.com

Key Sequence IMO...

SUFan44

Hall of Fame
There were a lot of them, but one that stood out to me.

Cisco comes up with the INT, we have all the momentum in the world and if we score a TD with a short field we are within a TD with a ton of time left.

What do we do? We run the ball up the middle twice. And this is not the issue that I have.

Of the four RBs to have in the game, we pick the worst one for the situation. There are a lot of things to like about all four RBs, but Moe Neal had 7+ yards/carry, Jawhar Jordan had 5 yards/carry and we pick Howard to give the ball to twice, the guy with the least amount of wiggle.

Outside of the 16-yard TD run, he carried the ball 9 times for 17 yards.

Just because it's "his turn" doesn't mean it should happen. Especially in the 4th quarter of a must-win game.

Agree with you on most points. However, running the ball on first and second down after a possible game changing turnover was, in my mind, just "mule muffins" (quoting Colonel Potter). Especially with the score the way it was. My goodness, roll with the momentum and call some decent, aggressive plays.

That’s my biggest issue with the RB committee. We do this every two drive thing and stick to it feels like no matter what’s

When Riley booted the punt, Louisville scored immediately.

When Cisco made a play, our offense came away with zero points.

and everyone but Dino stanard and our secondary knew they were going to take a shot down the deep middle

Adams didn’t get a single carry in the 2nd half. In fact he didn’t play at all in the 2nd half. Bizarre.

Last edited:
which makes you wonder if he was hurt doesnt it..

also we did know they were taking a shot which is why we were man coverage and blitzing.