Khalil Ahmad stepping down as Director of HS Relations | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Khalil Ahmad stepping down as Director of HS Relations

Recruiting has become much easier for Khalil at Penn State. Thx for your short time here and hoping you taught others to improve Orange recruiting…which is no easy task.

He is a good guy and really helped us recruit NJ!

This hurts. He brought in a lot of visitors last fall. We already can’t recruit against Penn State. Once again, we lose personnel to the Big 10 and SEC. The ACC isn’t going to be able to match the salaries of those two conferences. This is where tv revenue is going to kill the ACC.

Usually when younger guys move on from their job to continue to pursue their career goals I would give them some simple but important advice such as, work hard, or stay focused on your dreams. In this case my advice is, don't drop the soap when your in the showers. Your very welcome Khalid

When is Wildhack scheduled to meet with the press again? There should be a lot of questions about the staff turnover and can we compete with salaries from the Big 10 and SEC? You can sugarcoat the turnover all you want, but this is not normal and is concerning. Losing Carter and Duce should also be part of the conversation.

When is Wildhack scheduled to meet with the press again? There should be a lot of questions about the staff turnover and can we compete with salaries from the Big 10 and SEC? You can sugarcoat the turnover all you want, but this is not normal and is concerning. Losing Carter and Duce should also be part of the conversation.
Haha relax. The guy left for PSU. He left Rutgers for SU. He will have an easier time building relationships with recruits and their coaches at PSU. Seems like a transient position until you get with the top teams or get promoted. I'd get use to players moving schools in college sports.

Its basically the Nunzio hire. We don't use TE so there's not much coaching to do there...
Maybe he left because of the Nunzio hire. Could it be they were at Rutgers together and didn’t get along? I have not looked into the timeline

Edit: wild rumor monger-ing here. Not based in any fact or knowledge

Last edited:

Sounds like you already made up your mind.
What hard hitting questions do you realistically expect our media to ask and do you think Wildhack will answer with anything other than AD speak?

Sounds like you already made up your mind.
What hard hitting questions do you realistically expect our media to ask and do you think Wildhack will answer with anything other than AD speak?
You don’t know until you ask.

You already know the answer. It’s no, Syracuse cannot compete and no one with half a brain thinks they can.

Maybe he left because of the Nunzio hire. Could it be they were at Rutgers together and didn’t get along? I have not looked into the timeline

Edit: wild rumor monger-ing here. Not based in any fact or knowledge
My guess is he waited until we had a Jersey guy on board before announcing to smooth the transition.

He hinted at leaving weeks ago. Don’t think this was a job that opened up yesterday.

He was excellent will be missed but i believe it is more important to have a great coaching staff that can recruit. He can be replace guys like Nick not so much

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom