Kick/punt returns stink | Syracusefan.com

Kick/punt returns stink

CaliCuse

All American
From my endzone seats ,I had a perfect view of the "return "game which is an oxymoron. We don't have a clue about how to get yardage out of that play. We have the talent but it might as well be sitting in the locker room. No blocking scheme at all,zero ,zilch.nadda NOTHING.:bat:

USC has faster players on special teams than we do.

Yup. The first couple KO returns, Kobena tried to go sideline to sideline and got swallowed up. After that, I thought he did a somewhat better job trying to go straight up field to get what he could. Speed was definitely a big factor in our struggles on special teams on Saturday night.

Yup. The first couple KO returns, Kobena tried to go sideline to sideline and got swallowed up. After that, I thought he did a somewhat better job trying to go straight up field to get what he could. Speed was definitely a big factor in our struggles on special teams on Saturday night.
from my perspective Kobena was on the left side in KRs and headed to the left side of the coverage and quickly was swallowed by the coverage team apparently they did not want Dorian to get the ball. Doug never stretched the field deep with Dorian or anyone else as I recall. Having too many defensive players out hurt for sure . We will get them in the Meadowlands We will be better.:cool:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom