Killington | Syracusefan.com

Killington

Marsh01

Living Legend
So my wife and i won a 3 night stay at the Vermont Inn at an auction. Been to Stowe and Burlington but never Killington

We will be there Aug 1st to 4th. Playing golf one day and looking for some suggestions on places to eat/drink and other stuff to do that doesnt require climbing a mountain

appreciate it

Hop n’Moose is a fun brew pub place in Rutland

So my wife and i won a 3 night stay at the Vermont Inn at an auction. Been to Stowe and Burlington but never Killington

We will be there Aug 1st to 4th. Playing golf one day and looking for some suggestions on places to eat/drink and other stuff to do that doesnt require climbing a mountain

appreciate it
I haven't been up there in a while but it's a great area. Route 4 coming out of Rutland and the Killington Mountain Road have a lot of options. A lot of very casual places for after skiing but a few nicer spots as well. And in the summer it slows down a bit, but the mountain has a bunch of different activities so its never dead. If you are up there when a bike race is going on, you will see a lot of people in tight outfits riding up these steep hills that are in incredible shape. The Vermont Inn is supposed to be real nice and they can probably tell the a bunch of spots to hit.

Long Trail Brewery isn't too far away and they have a pub and live music. It's not Pabst, but it's a lot more scenic than Milwaukee.

If you are playing the Killington course I played it once. But it was cold and very windy, so I really didn't enjoy it. So, hopefully it's a nice day. I've played some of the other VT courses and the views are incredible. Soak it up and you will want to return.

Just re-reading your comments. You might be able to take the gondola up the mountain and walk down. It's a lot different than walking up it. But I would still recommend a good pair of trail shoes.

I haven't been up there in a while but it's a great area. Route 4 coming out of Rutland and the Killington Mountain Road have a lot of options. A lot of very casual places for after skiing but a few nicer spots as well. And in the summer it slows down a bit, but the mountain has a bunch of different activities so its never dead. If you are up there when a bike race is going on, you will see a lot of people in tight outfits riding up these steep hills that are in incredible shape. The Vermont Inn is supposed to be real nice and they can probably tell the a bunch of spots to hit.

Long Trail Brewery isn't too far away and they have a pub and live music. It's not Pabst, but it's a lot more scenic than Milwaukee.

If you are playing the Killington course I played it once. But it was cold and very windy, so I really didn't enjoy it. So, hopefully it's a nice day. I've played some of the other VT courses and the views are incredible. Soak it up and you will want to return.

Just re-reading your comments. You might be able to take the gondola up the mountain and walk down. It's a lot different than walking up it. But I would still recommend a good pair of trail shoes.
Appreciate all the info. Battling a root meniscus knee tear (surgery post golf season) so hiking may not happen. Will definitely hit Long Trail for sure

Green Mountain National is awesome. Hope you're playing there Marsh.

Long Trail's a great spot. If you drive a little farther east past there, you'll hit the town of Woodstock, which is very beautiful and quaint. It's Keegan Bradley's hometown. His dad was the pro at Woodstock CC.

Have a great time.

Last edited: