Kind of funny how every block/charge goes in the wrong direction | Syracusefan.com

Kind of funny how every block/charge goes in the wrong direction

3 road games against duke maryland and virginias best season in over 20 years not that surprised.
Not even close to why we lost though there was only 1-2 of those in the second half.

It's not going to be any better in the conference tournament. I've been convinced for a few weeks.

3 road games against duke maryland and virginias best season in over 20 years not that surprised.
Not even close to why we lost though there was only 1-2 of those in the second half.
True, but the first half was what kept Virginia in it on those, just like Duke

I'd love to see what percentage of block charge calls go our way. Especially after the duke game.

I know how I'd guess it would go, but I would love to see the actual stats for it.

On the one by Ennis in the 2nd half, the ball had already been released and he didn't make contact with the UVA player until he was on the way down. How is that playing defense? The offensive player should have the right to land

Fact is that if every close call goes the other way key players are in trouble early. Ennis today for example. Doesn't matter about the second half because the damage has already been done.

orange colored glasses but the majority of the calls in first half were right and ennis one was a charge but basket should have counted

orange colored glasses but the majority of the calls in first half were right and ennis one was a charge but basket should have counted
I agree on the first Ennis charge. The ball was out of his hand. They didn't even consider counting the basket though. Its like it never crossed their mind. We lost this game because we couldn't rebound but it didn't help that we were being absolutely manhandled under the basket.

Didn't they change that rule so now the basket doesn't count if a charge is called, regardless of whether the ball was in the air or not?

How about the time Ennis got steamrolled by their out of control player in the first half [his second foul]--was that the right call?

That was a pretty costly home town call against us.

I think the only one that was clearly wrong, or at worst a no call, was the big one against CJ @ Duke. Rak questionably could have picked up a charge on UVA today, but it was called correctly since it was a 50/50 (like the CJ one should have).

Just my opinion but I think refs have done a bad job of calling blocks/charges all season long. Not just SU games. I think something needs to change asap.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom