Kinda don't understand.. | Syracusefan.com

Kinda don't understand..

tep624

Living Legend
why we didn't kick the FG when it was 4 and short inside the 20 and Smith didn't get the first. I mean I understand we're playing URI, but that's not very like Marrone not to take points.

why we didn't kick the FG when it was 4 and short inside the 20 and Smith didn't get the first. I mean I understand we're playing URI, but that's not very like Marrone not to take points.

So now us fans wont second guess him not going for it on 4th and 1 the rest of the year? :bang:

Hubris. Syracuse was dominating and needed to do everything not to let RI think they can play with them. He gambled and it blew up in his face. RI had dominated the line of scrimmage since. Additionally, we're seeing SU's lack of discipline again. This is a poorly coached team -- unprepared and being schooled by a weak team.

So now us fans wont second guess him not going for it on 4th and 1 the rest of the year? :bang:
LOL. I normally don't feel he's the type to underestimate an opponent and I am by far not a critic of Coach Marrone. Just felt that play was very out of character for him.

LOL. I normally don't feel he's the type to underestimate an opponent and I am by far not a critic of Coach Marrone. Just felt that play was very out of character for him.

When Marrone feels he has the superior team, he goes for it on 4th quite often. This has been illustrated when we have played other FCS schools.

I like the call. Just didn't execute

When Marrone feels he has the superior team, he goes for it on 4th quite often. This has been illustrated when we have played other FCS schools.

I like the call. Just didn't execute
Makes sense. I missed both the 1AA games last year so I didn't see that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom