King of Kings... | Syracusefan.com

King of Kings...

King of Kings Utica ‏@KoKUtica 8 Jul
  1. pair of blowouts tonight! Takeover beat down Hard 2 Guard 106-79 (up 80-41 after 3). @dajuancoleman99 went bananas... 30 & 24 boards!

Its hard to derive any meaning from these type of games. But I'm encouraged to hear about DC getting in better shape. From a conditioning standpoint, he made great strides between high school and the beginning of last year. Glad to hear that his work ethic is continuing, and that he's still dropping much needed a$$.

DC is an important cog next year--we need him to make the sophomore jump.

Chinoso Obokoh was supposed to be playing not sure if he is though.
Rak and CJ the other two took some time off last I checked.

But this is nothing new, MCW, Ennis and I think Briscoe all played in one king of kings game last year.

I am cyber punching the throat of the next person that asks where CJ is for anything King of Kings related... seriously people.

I am cyber punching the throat of the next person that asks where CJ is for anything King of Kings related... seriously people.
I may inquire about his whereabouts just to witness this cyber punch to the throat.

I may inquire about his whereabouts just to witness this cyber punch to the throat.

throat_punch_identity_thief_movie_reference-40591.gif

DC2 led his team to another win (last week, but just posted today)
http://www.kingofkingsutica.org/#!men-week-3-results-/c9jg
"DaJuan Coleman (Jamesville-Dewitt/Syracuse University) was a force again in the blocks for Takeover (2-1), leading the way with 22 points, 11 rebounds, and 3 steals."
Mookie Jones had his first poor outing, 7 points on 2/8 FGs, 1/6 3s.

I know the style of play here, but nice to see DC2 active with 3 steals. He was blocking shots the first few games as well, so hopefully he kept this up.

Dajuan is first in the king of kings in rebounding by more then 6 rebounds per game that bodes well this league is full of physical college veterans. Hes also third in points at just below 24 ppg behind two three point gunners which makes him first in goals made by 10. He could use some work on his freethrow shooting though.

By comparison If I remember correctly James Southerland averaged around 24 points per game last year if but was also more hit and miss and a college senior as opposed to redshirt sophmore.

http://media.wix.com/ugd/2027ae_28bb42ad48b73c398bc6d6121eefc090.pdf
Check out that rebound board

Dajuan is first in the king of kings in rebounding by more then 6 rebounds per game that bodes well this league is full of physical college veterans. Hes also third in points at just below 24 ppg behind two three point gunners which makes him first in goals made by 10. He could use some work on his freethrow shooting though.

By comparison If I remember correctly James Southerland averaged around 24 points per game last year if but was also more hit and miss and a college senior.

http://media.wix.com/ugd/2027ae_28bb42ad48b73c398bc6d6121eefc090.pdf
Check out that rebound board it just looks good :)
FG% is pretty good, and it looks like blocks are incomplete. He had 3 the first game, but I am not sure this includes all. I wouldn't be surprised if he's up there in blocks too.
Thanks for the stats! 18 rebounds per game is like some other Coleman we might remember.
:)

When does King of King's end? I'd like to get down there and just watch some basketball and see for myself what the Cuse guys are doing.

Coleman had 15 and 4 in a close win last week,
Tonight Grant is on Colemans team, (not sure if either are playing though). They were down at the half.

Tonight Grant is on Colemans team, (not sure if either are playing though). They were down at the half.
Grant must be feeling better.. I like that.

Who were they losing to??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom