Kiper/McShay | Syracusefan.com

Kiper/McShay

Crusty

Living Legend
McShay thinks the Bills will take Geno Smith. Kiper also thinks if a QB goes in the top ten it will be Smith as well. I don't know if I am buying that.

McShay thinks the Bills will take Geno Smith. Kiper also thinks if a QB goes in the top ten it will be Smith as well. I don't know if I am buying that.
Why because Nassib played at SU under Doug? This is the NFL not the buddy system

Why because Nassib played at SU under Doug? This is the NFL not the buddy system
He didn't even mention Ryan.

Geno does not have the makeup of a NFL QB, skills yes, mentally no - I think that is what he was getting at.

He didn't even mention Ryan.

Geno does not have the makeup of a NFL QB, skills yes, mentally no - I think that is what he was getting at.
This is the problem everyone on this board hates on Geno because he played like crap against SU two years in a row. That doesn't mean he is mentally slow because that's your scouting report. Have you ever heard his coach talk about him? He says he is a very bright guy. I am guessing you just made that part up in your post as a fact. He is flat out the best QB in the draft and the Bills would be stupid not to take him or Barkley if one of those guys is sitting there.

No. Because he saw how rattled Geno gets under pressure. Especially if that helmet is orange ;).

Barkley should be the first quarterback drafted purely on NFL potential. If someone drafts Geno it's because they want someone who could play adequately immediately, not a QB who has franchise potential.

Geno is not a good QB. He was surrounded by talented players but his performance was not that good.

This is the problem everyone on this board hates on Geno because he played like crap against SU two years in a row. That doesn't mean he is mentally slow because that's your scouting report. Have you ever heard his coach talk about him? He says he is a very bright guy. I am guessing you just made that part up in your post as a fact. He is flat out the best QB in the draft and the Bills would be stupid not to take him or Barkley if one of those guys is sitting there.
I don't think he's dumb. I think he shuts down when things don't go his way.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Mentally was not meant to say he is stupid or slow and I did not state it as fact, just my opinion I was referring to his job as a QB, he is not able to adjust to changing defenses and blitzes. That's something an NFL QB needs to do before the ball is snapped. He also tends to compound the issues once the game isn't going his way. He is skilled but he did have two great receivers, one who may have been the best all around player in college.

Also didn't say he wasn't the best QB in the draft, he may be but that's not saying much this year A bad team reaching on a non-sure thing like Geno or Barkley is exactly why certain teams are always picking in the top ten.

Barkley should be the first quarterback drafted purely on NFL potential. If someone drafts Geno it's because they want someone who could play adequately immediately, not a QB who has franchise potential.
Geno = Akeli Smith. Waaay over rated.

Barkley should not be the first QB drafted. His arm is mediocre.

I was not thinking about Ryan but rather, about Smith. He does not appear to be the guy I would want to bet my franchise on. Not the best QB in the draft IMO.

With respect to Ryan and the Bills, I can see them taking Ryan but not in the first round. If they pick another position player with their #8 pick, they will probably pick a QB in the second round. If Ryan is still available, I could see them talking him with #40. A new coach has to win early in the NFL or he will get run out of town. Marrone knows this and Ryan would certainly provide a quicker transition to the new O so maybe...

Some think the Eagles might take Ryan with their second round pick (36). Ryan would fit Andy Reid's O like a glove as his only big weakness (long passes) is probably offset by his strengths in that system. That would be neat for Ryan, a life long Eagles fan.

I am thrilled for Ryan. When Ryan and the NFL was first talked about on this board there were very few willing to voice support for him as anything but a 5-7th rounder with backup role in his future. That is what I thought as well. Kudos to those who knew better and said so!

Some think the Eagles might take Ryan with their second round pick (36). Ryan would fit Andy Reid's O like a glove as his only big weakness (long passes) is probably offset by his strengths in that system. That would be neat for Ryan, a life long Eagles fan.
He's also a good fit for Chip Kelly's offense who is now the coach in Philly. If the Bills want Ryan, they are going to have to use a first round pick on him. Maybe not at 8, but teams in front of them in the second round will probably snag him before he comes around again.

As a Jets fan, I'd LOVE them to roll the dice on Geno.

Would trade up for a shot at him in a heartbeat.

90% of you haven't seen him AT ALL save for his games vs. 'Cuse... He's good... very good.

And has a chance to be great in the right NFL system.

Geno is not a good QB. He was surrounded by talented players but his performance was not that good.

We have loose definitions of good I see.

As a Jets fan, I'd LOVE them to roll the dice on Geno.

Would trade up for a shot at him in a heartbeat.

90% of you haven't seen him AT ALL save for his games vs. 'Cuse... He's good... very good.

And has a chance to be great in the right NFL system.

I have watched Geno and WFVU quite a bit and Geno has all of the tools to succeed. That said, if you can hit him repeatedly, he gets rattled. He's not the best at picking up blitzes but that can be taught. He makes some pretty damn good throws but his stats are a little boosted because Stedman Bailey and Tavon Austin are YAC machines, but he knew that and used it to his advantage.

I think he could be a great quarterback but, at the same time, I could see him busting. I personally don't like many quarterbacks in this class so Geno will more than likely be the first taken by default.

Doug Marrone's defensive coordinator owned Geno Smith. Doug Marrone isn't drafting Geno Smith.

Geno is the best QB available and would have been a better QB in FHCDM and FOCNH's offense. WVU sucked because their defense sucked! Their OL also didn't match up well versus our blitz schemes. Thank you HCSS!

How good would many here feel about Nassib if we just took his last two games versus Rutgers or Cinci the last two years.. Gino Smith is a pretty good NFL prospect and will most likely the the first qb taken. Maybe he won't be great, but if you look at the body of work it speaks for itself

Akali Smith? he is nothing like Akali Smith.

the only issue i have with Smith is that the WV scheme had great athletes and guys running wide open. So many of his big plays were very little QB and a whole bunch WR/RB running 10 yds open.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom