KJ a legacy of mediocrity | Syracusefan.com

KJ a legacy of mediocrity

Flacusian

All Conference
Do you think that KJ is among the most overrated players to ever lace them up for Syracuse. His play today was abyssmal and the turnover in the first half was the result of him trying one of his newfound between the legs moves. I'm disappointed that we lost but I'm bitter in the showing by our Sr leader KJ in a game which we should have won. There is plenty of blame to spread around for this stinker. Losing is one thing but to lose the way we played and the circumstances to not have Fab really leave a rotten taste in one's mouth.

I'm not sure what to make of KJo's fascination with dribbling between his legs and behind his back.

I play like that all the time at the gym, but mainly because I imagine it impresses all the losers that think dribbling with your left hand is some kind of withcraft. Why he does it, at that level, is beyond me.

He would be much more effective with just your basic jab-step and drive - all that other is just ridiculous. It doesn't get him by his man, but it does increase the chances of him turning it over. Blah.

You're bitter? Brother it may be time to take a step back. Maybe you should temper your expectations of Kris. Let's be honest we run a free flowing offense that leads to allot of our players going one on one. He has improved his jump shot and free throw shooting dramatically...he has mental mistakes on defense and tries to do to much on offense...but who doesn't on this team?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

He's been on teams that were a 3 seed, a 1 seed, a 3 seed, and this team that is headed for a 1 seed.

Legacy of mediocrity?

Really?

He looked like a lost freshmen out there not a Senior.

The guy has two not so good legs though.

He really has put all the conditioning in and has been a hard worker. He does has a learned vision out there hes not just going through the motions.

You're bitter? Brother it may be time to take a step back. Maybe you should temper your expectations of Kris. Let's be honest we run a free flowing offense that leads to allot of our players going one on one. He has improved his jump shot and free throw shooting dramatically...he has mental mistakes on defense and tries to do to much on offense...but who doesn't on this team?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk
He's been in the rodeo for quite some time now and it should be apparent to him that him trying such manuvers is most often problematic. He's obviously a smart kid.. so why repeat the same thing over and over and expect different results. And you saying "who doesn't" Perhaps a note of truth in that but KJ seems to make the same errors over and over. He is supposed to be the leader. I don't think I'm wrong to expect a little more from him than he showed today.

Start bashing & calling out guys for finally losing a game? Awesome!!!!

Do you think that KJ is among the most overrated players to ever lace them up for Syracuse. His play today was abyssmal and the turnover in the first half was the result of him trying one of his newfound between the legs moves. I'm disappointed that we lost but I'm bitter in the showing by our Sr leader KJ in a game which we should have won. There is plenty of blame to spread around for this stinker. Losing is one thing but to lose the way we played and the circumstances to not have Fab really leave a rotten taste in one's mouth.

Ha, it's posts like these that make me think he's actually becoming underrated. He played the third most minutes on the team in 2010 and 2011 and is leading the team in minutes in 2012. SU has been ranked in the top 15-20 for almost, if not all, of this time and Joseph has been one of the team's most efficient offensive players during each of those seasons. That's miles ahead of mediocrity.

I've said before: I can stop kris' dribble because he doesn't have one and usually he dribbles it off his foot regardless. Noone played well today, need to remember why we were great and quit messing around.

His legacy can be very good if they get their act together, didn't play team ball for most of the game

We all have given KJ a pass because he was such a likeable kid, made funny videos, etc. Fact is, he never did become a star. He'll never be remembered as a top 20 alltime SU star. He has no big moments in meaningful games.

He's been on teams that were a 3 seed, a 1 seed, a 3 seed, and this team that is headed for a 1 seed.

Legacy of mediocrity?

Really?
And what do we get from him when it really counts? What were the results of all those high seeds? I'd say mediocre is a euphemism at best.

We all have given KJ a pass because he was such a likeable kid, made funny videos, etc. Fact is, he never did become a star. He'll never be remembered as a top 20 alltime SU star. He has no big moments in meaningful games.

Yup. I'll remember him as just a solid player. Unless he carries us on some magical run to the title this season.

Probably the worst big game player of all time, he just is not very smart.

No I do not. Terrence Roberts (although I lived his energy and passion). This team could use a bit of that.

44cuse

So you are calling a kid that was 113 overall coming out of hs mediocre one of the top players in the big east and projected late first round in the draft next year give him a break he had a bad game so did everyone else but he is well beyond anything anyone thought he was going to be

his game peaked as a 6th man-
never been a great starter or shown up to carry the team-

and some times i swear i could handle the ball better

So you are calling a kid that was 113 overall coming out of hs mediocre one of the top players in the big east and projected late first round in the draft next year give him a break he had a bad game so did everyone else but he is well beyond anything anyone thought he was going to be
There are a lot of people who thought he was going to be more as well. Besides, as a fan it's our perogative to be unreasonable and irrational after a loss. It's all part of the spectrum of fandom. You vent your frustrations because of your irrational devotion to your favorite team. We all live vicariously through the players on our favorite team and when we are disappointed when they perform poorly we are at the same time experiencing our own shortcomings. I love Kris Joseph and Scoop and every player that puts on a jersey that says ORANGE. The team has been nothing short of extrodinary this year and they've provided me with thrills and a sense of pride which has been unequalled since the 2003 Championship. So you know what... I'm a little bent out of shape that they lost and that the entire status of the team is in limbo for the 2nd time in the same season and it pulls my chain a bit.

But... tomorrow is another day, I'll be over it for the most part and when the ball is tipped off on Monday night I'll be an insane rabid Syracuse fan like I always am. I want KJ to do well and lead this team to a NC. Sorry if I spout off a little bit of unreasonable irrational expectations on KJ. It's all good. Thank you for granting me permission to be a little insane for just a spell here tonight.

Dude I'm saying that if both my arms were ripped off and I had to dribble with my feet I'd have a better handle than Kris

Dude I'm saying that if both my arms were ripped off and I had to dribble with my feet I'd have a better handle than Kris

His game thrives on transition. Tonight we had no transition.

KJ is a very good player. He's given us a lot of good minutes during his career and has been a good citizen. He's just not a Carmelo or Derrick Coleman or GMAC. It's too bad that people on the Board bash him when he doesn't have a good game. We didn't lose because of KJ. We lost because no-one played well. For ND, this was their game of the year or maybe decade. They were up for the game. They shot the lights out on their home court. We shot poorly and couldn't rebound. Our big man wasn't here. His back-ups didn't do the job. Keita has a lot of heart but is weak, raw, and has bad hands. X-mas just isn't ready to be a major contributor at this level right now. Rick Jackson would have made a difference in a game like this because he could rebound and had an inside game.

Finally, one game doesn't make a season.

When KJ plays with the basketball IQ of a rock he deserves to get bashed.

his game peaked as a 6th man-
never been a great starter or shown up to carry the team-

and some times i swear i could handle the ball better

Completely agree with your 6th man assessment. Unfortunately, due to that success, the expectation level for him just went through the roof, and, ultimately, probably a bit unrealistic based on his apparent skillset.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom