KJo 2-14, Dion 4-14, Scoop 0-5 | Syracusefan.com

KJo 2-14, Dion 4-14, Scoop 0-5

Garbs

All Conference
Triche 2-6

this is why we lost the game

and Keita was embarassed by Cooley

That's not really a why. That just means the whole team wasn't mentally ready/prepared for the game. That's on the coaches.

That's not really a why. That just means the whole team wasn't mentally ready/prepared for the game. That's on the coaches.

Or it just means the Syracuse players that need to make shots didn't make shots.

Joseph seems to be in a funk lately...just looks very dejected. His body language has mirrored BT's at times. Not sure what to make of it.

That certainly is a big part of it. Gotta make shots

The moment of the game I didn't get: SU down 38-30, with the ball, and you get Triche with two horrible shots, including a lean in jumper (short) from the line. UND goes on a 10-1 run right afterwards. Dude, if you're going to take a jumper, take a JUMPER. If you're going to drive for contact, drive for contact, don't take a leaner from fifteen, without contact, because you're not going to make it.

Kev

The moment of the game I didn't get: SU down 38-30, with the ball, and you get Triche with two horrible shots, including a lean in jumper (short) from the line. UND goes on a 10-1 run right afterwards. Dude, if you're going to take a jumper, take a JUMPER. If you're going to drive for contact, drive for contact, don't take a leaner from fifteen, without contact, because you're not going to make it.

Kev

It seemed like a lot of people were trying to do too much. You could almost tell at times that certain players wanted to ball to score - which is fine, but if you're solely focused on that you're ignoring the whole team concept. Dirty after he hit his first couple really wanted that third shot and nothing was going to stop him, BT after hitting early in the second half was the same, Dion most of the game, and KJo just struggled all around. Nobody was really trying to create for anyone other than themselves.

There weren't many drives that resulted in kick-outs for an open shot. Of course the few times I do recall somebody creating you had Keita (twice from BT) fumbling the ball. CJ had a couple that he bobbled as well. Our bigs were pretty horribly outside of Dirty hitting some shots.

and Keita was embarassed by Cooley

ND, as a collective, had a damn Leprachaun up their asses.

Nevermind, Tim Higgins was running up a down the court (when he wanted to) :bang:.

After the first half, I was fine with a legitimate loss.....And then Higgins said "Oh stuff a whistle. Might as well blow it, not on Notre Dame though. I might get shunned in my local pub".

In our first loss I so did not want to complain about the officiating, but the second half = :bang:

I don't even want to know how many of those misses were on jumpers

Balls didn't roll our way tonight, simple as that.

But yes, Cooley had his way downlow; however, if Scoop/Dion/KrisJo shoot like they normally do we still win going away, regardless of how BMK played, so it's on them as much as it is on Keita.

Our offense was all guys trying to do it themselves. No extra passes on the ball. Very impatient.

Oh, and Christmas can't guard anybody. He gets way too deep under the basket.

We looked like the Knicks last night. All iso's...no crisp passing.

Unfortunately, we have no one to throw the ball to in the post now...so, it will be a lot of passing around the perimeter and taking jump shots by guys who arent good jump shooters. We are toast without Fab.

Kev

You have identified the game-deciding sequence (well, that and the opening 11-2 run that ESPN viewers missed, after which we played them to a tie).

But Triche makes that leaner with some consistency (and follows it equally well - watch him get held as he comes up for that rebound). It's a bad shot when he misses, a heady shot with poor form if he makes.

Either way, the team blew that opportunity at 38-30. The game was right there for the taking.

Either way, the team blew that opportunity at 38-30. The game was right there for the taking.
exactly, they had 2 different chances with the ball down 8 in the second half and neither time could they make the play to make it either 5 or 6 point lead and put pressure on ND

Our problem last night is that several players thought they were go to guys, when in fact, they are only effective when they feed off each other.

Rebounding deficit was -13 and we only had 2 blocked shots as a team. ND killed us inside. Our half court offense is perimeter oriented with an emphasis on isolation drives and outside shooting. We are a good shooting team but not a great one. Keita and Christmas are non-factors on offense. It allows defenses to play 5 on 4. Melo was really missed against ND. Melo would have had atleast 5 blocks and 8 rebounds. Cooley would have had less than 10 points. Total game changer.

the game changer was fact we did not score many points...58 points is 20+ below our average...score average we win...this was a game where regardless of looking lethargic, we just didnt put the ball in the bucket...started with missed bunny at opening tip to a number of other missed layups...Scoop, Triche, Waiters and KJ all missed bunnies...when 4 of your top scorers miss consistently, teams dont win...otherwise, we win by 6 or more....

Taking contested three after contested three game in and game out down the stretch there is going to be games when it doesn't fall when we need it to. We made those shots vs pitt down the stretch or the outcome in that game may be different.There is going to be games when teams play above their skill set which means more made baskets for them less transition points more half court offense which is clearly the weakness of this years team. It's one game hopefully it's a opportunity for the team and coaching staff to improve and plug some of the leaks. Gonna be losses hopefully this team will come back better bc of it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom