Knicks are 3-0 all 3 by double digits! | Syracusefan.com

Knicks are 3-0 all 3 by double digits!

These guys have a fire in their arse that i havent seen since Melo got here. Playing excellent defense, sharing the ball, only caring about getting W's.

Also Felton > Lin and has been fun to watch on both sides of the ball.

Felton has been on point. I loved Jeremy Lin and I understand its only 3 games but Felton is such a better fit and player here than Lin. The defense is just suffocating. In the starting lineup every single player except Melo is either and above average or elite defender and you can see when Melo tries on defense, hes pretty good himself. Brewer was possessed last night, the guy literally gets emotional if somebody scores on him. The second unit is just silly with Prigioni, JR, Novak, Rasheed, KT and we dont even have Camby, Shump or Amare yet.

Trying not to get too excited...

They have beaten Miami and Philly to a pulp! Knicks are going to roll this year. They just have so many options and JR Smith looks like he has turned the corner and will be a borderline all-star this year.

They have beaten Miami and Philly to a pulp! Knicks are going to roll this year. They just have so many options and JR Smith looks like he has turned the corner and will be a borderline all-star this year.

Hell, three games (two against an undermanned team), that's a big enough sample for me! This team might win 70 games.

This is the most optimistic I've been about the NYK since the Ewing/Oakley/Starks days. Love it.

Let's see what happens when Amare returns. He and Melo were not compatible last year. They actually played better as a team when Amare was out for awhile last year.

Co-Signing this. Really awesome start though. I'm sure they'll go through a rough stretch, but you gotta love the way the team is playing. Ball is really moving

Amare has to come off the bench. I feel like it should be blindingly obvious to anyone who watches them play

Amare has to come off the bench. I feel like it should be blindingly obvious to anyone who watches them play

It is but salaries and egos are huge obstacles!

Hell, three games (two against an undermanned team), that's a big enough sample for me! This team might win 70 games.
they are on pace to win 82!

I just don't see much in the East to stop them from winning their division and the entire East. Boston and Miami aren't really going to be "interested" until playoff time. The Knicks want to prove something. Carmelo will either be the MVP or second place to Durant. There really is no one else. Spoelstra has already said Lebron and Wade will sit when they have leads. Lebron didnt even play the last 15 mins in their game last night. So, his numbers will be down.

It is a perfect storm for the Knicks and Carmelo. 64 wins.

Let's see what happens when Amare returns. He and Melo were not compatible last year. They actually played better as a team when Amare was out for awhile last year.
Even though it would have been brutal $$$ wise, they should have amestied Stoudemire.

Can't amnesty Amare, they used it on Billups. And if they didn't use it on Billups, then Chandler never is on the team.

Can't amnesty Amare, they used it on Billups. And if they didn't use it on Billups, then Chandler never is on the team.

They could have used it on Amare and still signed Chandler

Listen, I like the Knicks and Melo and all, but why don't we pump the breaks a bit. Sure they beat Miami, but the other two wins came against a Philly team missing of their best players.

Listen, I like the Knicks and Melo and all, but why don't we pump the breaks a bit. Sure they beat Miami, but the other two wins came against a Philly team missing of their best players.

Beating Miami by 20 is enough for me. They made Lebron their collective b*tch...

They could have used it on Amare and still signed Chandler
Yeah, suppose they kept Billups and iced Stoudemire. Why couldn't they have used that coin to then sign Chandler? Was playing alongside Stoudemire a big draw for him or something?

Yeah, suppose they kept Billups and iced Stoudemire. Why couldn't they have used that coin to then sign Chandler? Was playing alongside Stoudemire a big draw for him or something?

Amare's best years were all at center he just started working on a post up game this summer and its not very good. Chandler and Amare do much of the same things offensively but Chandler is so much better defensively that its not even close and playing them both together kills spacing.

Ok fair enough on that; I didn't realize you meant amnesty him then. (I'm pretty sure he and Billups have very similar cap numbers) I think that one would've been a much tougher sell though; he was coming off a pretty good first year with the team, though he did hurt his back at the end of the season. I don't think there is any way they would've amnestied him then; it would be nice to have it in the back pocket to use in a year or so, but I think you need some pretty serious hindsight to say they should've cut him before the start of last year. Just wasn't gonna happen

64 wins LOL

although my 60 win laker prediction is looking pretty bad right now.

Ok fair enough on that; I didn't realize you meant amnesty him then. (I'm pretty sure he and Billups have very similar cap numbers) I think that one would've been a much tougher sell though; he was coming off a pretty good first year with the team, though he did hurt his back at the end of the season. I don't think there is any way they would've amnestied him then; it would be nice to have it in the back pocket to use in a year or so, but I think you need some pretty serious hindsight to say they should've cut him before the start of last year. Just wasn't gonna happen

I never wanted to sign him too many knee injuries from the beginning and I always though he was a product of playing with Steve Nash, plus the Knicks couldn't get his contract insured. He was a knee jerk response to not landing Lebron and little more.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom