Knicks-Heat Game 2 | Syracusefan.com

Knicks-Heat Game 2

br801

Co 2020-21 Iggy Award Winner Hoops Leading Scorer
Game 1 is in the books. I trust the players and coaches on both sides will put it behind them better than some of the posters on this board.

What do you expect to see Monday night?

I contend that the pressure is still squarely on the Heat. After everything went right for them in Game 1 (and Shumpert and Rose went down with injuries) they must be feeling pretty good about their path to the Finals. The Knicks are in disarray and look to have little chance to survive this series. The officiating Monday will probably look a little different than what we saw in Game 1. What does it all mean? I'm guessing the Knicks come out with a big effort and take Game 2, then return home and drop Game 3.

Game 1 is in the books. I trust the players and coaches on both sides will put it behind them better than some of the posters on this board.

What do you expect to see Monday night?

I contend that the pressure is still squarely on the Heat. After everything went right for them in Game 1 (and Shumpert and Rose went down with injuries) they must be feeling pretty good about their path to the Finals. The Knicks are in disarray and look to have little chance to survive this series. The officiating Monday will probably look a little different than what we saw in Game 1. What does it all mean? I'm guessing the Knicks come out with a big effort and take Game 2, then return home and drop Game 3.

I see a Heat win, albeit not a runaway, they may not even cover.

Is that Bill Kirchen with Elvis?

I see a Heat win, albeit not a runaway, they may not even cover.

Is that Bill Kirchen with Elvis?

I don't bet on these games but would take the Knicks with the points in a heartbeat.

That's the great Nick Lowe with Elvis.

Ah, of course. Elvis, Nick Lowe, Kirchen, love 'em all longtime.

Kirchen's played a bar where I work in Rochester 2, 3 times in the last year, is coming back for 2 nights in June. Great guy, wonderful musician.

Fireball Junior was behind the bar this night a few months ago. A good time was had by all.

They absolutely need to find a way to get the ball in Melo's hands early in the shot clock. Miami did an unbelievable job denying him the ball and pushing him out farther than he normally likes to set up. I also think Melo needs to use pump fakes and draw fouls. Don't let Miami be so aggressive without paying.

Also, IMO, they need to start JR. I also think they need to pull Amare quickly and let Melo go to the four if Amare isn't producing.

Losing Iman is really rough. They need to keep JR focused for the rest of the series. He has to be good JR for the Knicks to even have a shot.

Lin is targeting a Game 4 return. Ahhh, if they could just find some way to steal this game tonight...

The Knicks are seriously cursed. We've been in the playoffs two years in a row. Both years Amare is injured and both years we lose our best guard in Game 1. Billups last year, Shumpert this year. So until Lin comes back we are missing our entire starting backcourt and oh yea...Chandler might not play tonight. Awesome!

The Knicks are seriously cursed. We've been in the playoffs two years in a row. Both years Amare is injured and both years we lose our best guard in Game 1. Billups last year, Shumpert this year. So until Lin comes back we are missing our entire starting backcourt and oh yea...Chandler might not play tonight. Awesome!

Yeah, Boston last year and Miami this year are better than us, but it would be nice to be somewhat full strength.

Yeah, Boston last year and Miami this year are better than us, but it would be nice to be somewhat full strength.
Yea, i just hope we take a chunk out of the Heat, even if we dont win the series. I dont wanna go out swept because of injuries and a fluke illness.

Yea, i just hope we take a chunk out of the Heat, even if we dont win the series. I dont wanna go out swept because of injuries and a fluke illness.

As low as this bar seems, I want to win a playoff game. It's been since 2001.

The season is on the line for the NYK tonight. Maybe the Heat take this one off? You have to believe Melo comes out fired up, ready to score at will and control Lebron James (as much as you can possibly control Lebron James). Knicks 97 Heat 94

Believe!

Someone is going to over-pay for Lin in the offseason. It'd be stupid if he tried to comeback for this series and blew that chance.

I'm worried that with BD's back, he might force the issue a little too soon, and that never bodes well when recovering from a knee injury.

Most Lin can get this offseason is the mid level or so. He's gonna be a Knick next year.

Heat win easily again tonight. Wish Shump didn't get hurt.

Even with Shumpert it wouldn't matter. I've said this many times before, very few people can match the defensive playoff intensity of Lebron & Wade. Yes, Melo will have a better game, but the Heat should win by double digits. Maybe the game is somewhat close in the 4th, but I really wouldn't be shocked if this is another blowout. Lebron is focused and that's never good for other teams.

Lebron stopped covering him then he started playing well

27 shots, 30 pts for Melo. Playing right into Miami's hands I guess. Bron looked like he was just playing at "summer league" pace..focusing on defense and getting everyone else involved on offense. Not looking good for NY.

27 shots, 30 pts for Melo. Playing right into Miami's hands I guess. Bron looked like he was just playing at "summer league" pace..focusing on defense and getting everyone else involved on offense. Not looking good for NY.
Melo played ok. Tyson played better but still sick and Amare was horrible as usual. On the other side all of Miamis big 3 came to play and their role players all stepped up. The formula Miami used tonight, if they were able to execute every night makes them virtually unbeatable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom