Knicks Lose Draft Tiebreaker | Syracusefan.com

Knicks Lose Draft Tiebreaker

newmexicuse

All Conference
New York Knicks Lose NBA Draft Tiebreaker

No surprise that the cursed Knicks can't catch a break. But that begs the question...NBA claims it wants to discourage tanking, so why not give any lottery draft related tiebreakers to the team with the better record in the last ten games & forget the ping pong balls ??

But, but, but...the Knicks beat the 76ers in a meaningless game by getting their only defensive stop of the year on the last possession. Isn't that worth it? If I was the owner I'd fire the idiot coach...right after I fired Phil.

New York Knicks Lose NBA Draft Tiebreaker

No surprise that the cursed Knicks can't catch a break. But that begs the question...NBA claims it wants to discourage tanking, so why not give any lottery draft related tiebreakers to the team with the better record in the last ten games & forget the ping pong balls ??
C9QkDQ8XgAEJf9e

But, but, but...the Knicks beat the 76ers in a meaningless game by getting their only defensive stop of the year on the last possession. Isn't that worth it? If I was the owner I'd fire the idiot coach...right after I fired Phil.

It was quite the scene at msg, fans were celebrating like it was a playoff game, Leslie Jones was going nuts, what a win, so glad they won that one.

It was quite the scene at msg, fans were celebrating like it was a playoff game, Leslie Jones was going nuts, what a win, so glad they won that one.
Knicks had Melo on the bench at the end. If he is really that bad why wasn't he in the lineup at crunchtime in a tank game ???

It's not so much that Jonny Flynn was picked by the T-Wolves at six after they selected Rubio, but the Knicks chose Jordan Hill at 8 sandwiched in between Steph Curry and DeMar DeRozan. However, Minnesota's and the Knicks selections were arguably not even the worst mistakes. I'd almost give it to Memphis at #2 choosing Thabeet over Harden.

It's not so much that Jonny Flynn was picked by the T-Wolves at six after they selected Rubio, but the Knicks chose Jordan Hill at 8 sandwiched in between Steph Curry and DeMar DeRozan. However, Minnesota's and the Knicks selections were arguably not even the worst mistakes. I'd almost give it to Memphis at #2 choosing Thabeet over Harden.
Knuts supposedly wanted Curry real bad. I don't remember if they blew tanking or had no real shot at that #7 slot.

Knuts supposedly wanted Curry real bad. I don't remember if they blew tanking or had no real shot at that #7 slot.
That year the putrid Knicks won 2 of their last 3 games instead of tanking them so instead of selecting 6th and getting Curry they slid back to #7 one game behind the Warriors.

To be fair to the Knicks, and lord knows they have done many many stupid things over time, apparently they really wanted Curry if he was there at 8.

I still have no clue how Thabeet ended up just a complete bust. He was so dominant defensively and so long that it seemed like his floor was as a top 10 rim protector.

To be fair to the Knicks, and lord knows they have done many many stupid things over time, apparently they really wanted Curry if he was there at 8.
I submit that even if the Knickerbockers had picked up Steph, he would not be the player he is today. Steph struggled his first couple years, and GS had no alternative but to wait till he figured things out. Patience is not a trait that's valued in Dolan's franchise.

I'm sure the Knicks would have found some way to ruin either Steph or DeMar if they had drafted either instead of Jordan Hill.