Kobe: Melo hardest player to guard, more difficult than LeBron | Syracusefan.com

Kobe: Melo hardest player to guard, more difficult than LeBron

Orangeyes

R.I.P Dan
image.jpg

http://tracking.si.com/2012/12/13/k...ny-lebron-james-toughest-player-guard-knicks/

Kobe has been a Melo fan for years . . . local radio guys were listing who they thought were the ten best players in the league last year, and none of them named Melo. On the next pre-game show, Kobe button holed one of them (John Ireland) and told him they were all nuts for leaving Melo out, he should be in the top 5.

These two have really bonded during their Olympic experiences together, right? That's always the impression I've gotten.

I bet he would tell you melo is tougher on the other end of the court too.

Would be intersting to see if Kobe pushes a trade to NY. Didn't he want to go there years ago when he wanted to be traded. If the Lakers keep stinking it up and now the D. Howard FT shooting is causing some issues I wonder if Kobe asks to be traded. He probably only has a few years left in the tank before he drops off so the lakers may be willing to do something.

Kobe and Melo would be tuff 1 2 combo

Would be intersting to see if Kobe pushes a trade to NY. Didn't he want to go there years ago when he wanted to be traded. If the Lakers keep stinking it up and now the D. Howard FT shooting is causing some issues I wonder if Kobe asks to be traded. He probably only has a few years left in the tank before he drops off so the lakers may be willing to do something.

Fantasy basketball trades are fun...

Kobe told SA Smith that he isn't going to hang around and score 18 ppg, that he'd retire before that would happen. How many could he average if he were teamed with Melo? Kobe takes the most shots of anyone in the NBA every year, I don't think that would be a winning formula unless he reset his personal goals.

Kobe told SA Smith that he isn't going to hang around and score 18 ppg, that he'd retire before that would happen. How many could he average if he were teamed with Melo? Kobe takes the most shots of anyone in the NBA every year, I don't think that would be a winning formula unless he reset his personal goals.
I agree, they couldn't work together. Melo loves to take a bunch of shots as well.

Lmao, I'd love to see Melo, Kobe, and Amare try to figure out how to share the ball amongst each other.

Fantasy basketball trades are fun...

like Dwight Howard to the Lakers? Or Chris Paul to the Clippers? Lakers had no problem trading Shaq when he was still good enough to win a championship. I guess those are all fantasy basketball trades as well.

Melo being the best offensive player and LBJ being the best all-around are not at all inconsistent.

You guys know this almost happened right? Kobe pushed VERY hard for a Melo for Bynum trade when Melo was trying to get out of Denver. In the deal was done from what I remember and Jim Buss backed out of it because he didn't want to lose Bynum's size. Kobe believed that Melo's inside out game was prefect for the triangle and Phil agreed. Those two together would have been unstoppable and Pau would be happy at the center spot.

You guys know this almost happened right? Kobe pushed VERY hard for a Melo for Bynum trade when Melo was trying to get out of Denver. In the deal was done from what I remember and Jim Buss backed out of it because he didn't want to lose Bynum's size. Kobe believed that Melo's inside out game was prefect for the triangle and Phil agreed. Those two together would have been unstoppable and Pau would be happy at the center spot.
I think that was one of the cooler what if trade scenarios ever.