Kramer Cook Leaving SU to go Row the Boat | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Kramer Cook Leaving SU to go Row the Boat

It does now that you point it out, unless at Minnesota their recruiting program is referenced in house as ELITE or something like that.

Yeah I mean if it's me I'm making that statement in a couple months and doing so with a bit more care. Putting that out upon announcement is well... Kind of a little u to SU in my opinion. I see that for instance on LinkedIn where people go all passive aggressive on a new job when they are not fond of their old employer. Wish him the best of luck no matter what. It can't be easy being an SU football coach right now

I don’t really think anyone is calling our staff elite. Chances are they will all be gone in 12 months if things don’t change.

Yeah I meant he is saying Minny staff is Elite as shade towards the SU.. not so Elite...

I think the guy was just being positive about his new staff. I don’t think Minny’s staff is elite.

Recruiting the class of 2021 was difficult with all of the Covid restriction; no in person evaluations, no official visits for recruits, etc... And, many 2021 players didn't even play their senior season of high school ball.

I suspect the 2021 class will have some real sleepers and some real dogs in it. Some will be due to the lack of evaluation and others will be due to a lack of research on the players part.

Imagine showing up at Syracuse to play football and you've never seen the campus before. Crazy.

I like Deon Maddox. He's mature, an excellent communicator, knows talent and knows the history of the university.

a issue SU has over and over is finding guys, they get a bit more pub and then off they go.. finding guys they like who had limited exposure last yr is probably a good thing

So one needs a big axe to row a boat?

these gimmicks are hilarious. axes, thrones, chainsaws. At least Rutgers nickname is a knight, the throne makes 'some' sense. but when you have gophers and bearcats throwing up axes and thrones it's just stupid.

these gimmicks are hilarious. axes, thrones, chainsaws. At least Rutgers nickname is a knight, the throne makes 'some' sense. but when you have gophers and bearcats throwing up axes and thrones it's just stupid.
What would be appropriate for us? A throne that looks like a fruit bowl?

What would be appropriate for us? A throne that looks like a fruit bowl?
A salt or frozen throne.

Hell, just have someone sitting atop the dome. Look at the album cover of Drake’s “Views” album. Something like that.

We have a really cool hallway for recruits to take pictures in

Well, in this case the Paul Bunyan’s axe is involved in their rivalry game with Wisconsin. Part of the color and tradition of college football, you might say. As opposed to the no color, few traditions, or no real football rivalries that we have so naturally it looks stupid to us. Or maybe we are jealous.

Every year there are threads about creating a tradition or a true football rival for SU. Every year...

It’s sort of sad when you get right down to it. We have few original traditions and no specific football rival for over 50 years. They can’t be created out of whole cloth however; they develop organically over time between two schools who consider each other their big rival and who actually have fan bases who care about their football team in large numbers and who circle that game against each other on their calendar.

There are schools that actually have that. No school that we root for, but there are schools.

Clearly it's the Civil conFLiCT..

gDfilfwo_400x400.jpg

Nothing funnier than a few feet of snow in mid-April. There's no comeback for that.

I love making fun of programs as much as the next guy - but that’s Paul Bunyan’s axe. Given to the winner of Minny-Wiscy every year. Which Minny won in 21.

Yeah, but Paul Bunyan was known for using his axe. I'd mock him too if he took dimly-lighted photographs of himself with that expression on his face.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom