Kris Joseph ponders options: NBA, Europe or China | Syracusefan.com

Kris Joseph ponders options: NBA, Europe or China

For those people who condemn every players who jumps ship to the NBA: keep in mind that there is a very good chance KJ would have been a first round pick had he come out after his soph. season. While it's difficult to speculate if this would if been the right move in terms of his on-court development (or more importantly, his personal, off-court development)--financially, it would have been the right move.

For those people who condemn every players who jumps ship to the NBA: keep in mind that there is a very good chance KJ would have been a first round pick had he come out after his soph. season. While it's difficult to speculate if this would if been the right move in terms of his on-court development (or more importantly, his personal, off-court development)--financially, it would have been the right move.

And that in a nutshell is what's wrong with the NBA. They end up drafting guys on potential who stay in the league only because of guaranteed contracts, not because of their abilities.

And I won't feel bad for Kris. If I were a single man, I'd go over to Spain or Italy to play hoops in a minute. Oh man that would be fun. Heck, even married with a kid I'd do it right now. Show my son the European life and have a sweet gig like that? I think it was Paul Pierce who said he would take his family and play in Europe after the NBA just to expose his family to life overseas.

And I won't feel bad for Kris. If I were a single man, I'd go over to Spain or Italy to play hoops in a minute. Oh man that would be fun. Heck, even married with a kid I'd do it right now. Show my son the European life and have a sweet gig like that? I think it was Paul Pierce who said he would take his family and play in Europe after the NBA just to expose his family to life overseas.

Of course. I didn't mean to say it like KJ was some tragic figure. No matter what, he's going to be making very good money for a 20-something, and he's getting paid to play basketball. Aint nothing wrong with that!

Of course. I didn't mean to say it like KJ was some tragic figure. No matter what, he's going to be making very good money for a 20-something, and he's getting paid to play basketball. Aint nothing wrong with that!

And my post came off much more harshly than I meant it to. Was just trying to say I wish I had his choices.