Kris Joseph to Celtics! | Syracusefan.com

Kris Joseph to Celtics!

Love this pick so much more than the Fab pick. Actually might get a jersey if he sticks around

Ughhhhh. Super excited to watch my Knicks draft Kostas Panikoulousppghjksois while my hated rival snatches up not one, but two Cuse players.

Glad KJo got drafted though.

I'm going to have to wait for Garnett to retire before i can possibly have ANY good feelings about the Celtics. Sad, as i like Doc, Ray, and Pierce... That's how much i despise Garnett.

Ughhhhh. Super excited to watch my Knicks draft Kostas Panikoulousppghjksois while my hated rival snatches up not one, but two Cuse players.

Glad KJo got drafted though.
It's okay, though, because Kostas might actually be able to play in the 2014 season! ... ... ... ...

Wow!

Wasn't sure he'd get drafted--good for him.

You never know once they started drafting foreign dudes. Lots of good players who didn't get drafted.

You never know once they started drafting foreign dudes. Lots of good players who didn't get drafted.
This is how its going to be with the cap going from 58 mil to 50 mil after next year. Teams close to the cap are going to stash players so they dont count against the cap. Negative result is alot of solid college players are going to go undrafted.

I hope Kris and Fab both stick with the C's. Have to wonder though whether Celtics will actually have 3 rookies on the team next year. Here's hoping...

Eating crow right now. I thought he had no chance to get drafted. Surprised he even passed the physical tests. I really liked Will Barton and Tyshawn Taylor as sleepers going in.

I hope Kris and Fab both stick with the C's. Have to wonder though whether Celtics will actually have 3 rookies on the team next year. Here's hoping...

BTW, was in your fine city a couple of days ago for two days. Went to Garage Bar, Meat, El Mundo, and Nachbar latenight. Great place! Papalinos pizza was awesome too.

Eating crow right now. I thought he had no chance to get drafted. Surprised he even passed the physical tests. I really liked Will Barton and Tyshawn Taylor as sleepers going in.
Doesnt guarantee he will make the team or get signed by them, i still think hes not nba material.

BTW, was in your fine city a couple of days ago for two days. Went to Garage Bar, Meat, El Mundo, and Nachbar latenight. Great place! Papalinos pizza was awesome too.

Wow, you get around. I haven't even been to all those places. Thanks for the suggestions. There's just a lot of neat, out of the way restaurants and bars around town. Did you go to 4th Street Live? It's a cool place to hang downtown in the evening or late at night...great piano bar there that gets kinda rowdy late night.

Wow!

Wasn't sure he'd get drafted--good for him.

As a Celtics fan, I approve.
Kris has to be thrilled. He is close to home, close to his college base, and in a situation where he doesn't have to contribute immediately and has veterans to help him make the adjustment to the NBA. Very close to an ideal setup for him.

This is how its going to be with the cap going from 58 mil to 50 mil after next year. Teams close to the cap are going to stash players so they dont count against the cap. Negative result is alot of solid college players are going to go undrafted.

Wait, this is happening? I don't think thats true. The revenue would have to drop enormously.

Edit: Are you thinking of the revenue split of BRI going from 58% to 50%?

Wait, this is happening? I don't think thats true. The revenue would have to drop enormously.

Edit: Are you thinking of the revenue split of BRI going from 58% to 50%?
Maybe, I heard Isola talking about it last night driving home from work. Maybe I misheard, but the concept of stashing guys because of the lower cap is absolutely going to happen, and according to Isola, thats what the Knicks did. They would rather use the cap space for someone else than give it to a rookie they werent interested in.

Maybe, I heard Isola talking about it last night driving home from work. Maybe I misheard, but the concept of stashing guys because of the lower cap is absolutely going to happen, and according to Isola, thats what the Knicks did. They would rather use the cap space for someone else than give it to a rookie they werent interested in.

That could be the case, don't get me wrong, I just don't think the cap is going to shrink that precipitously.

It may go down a little, since the BRI split is going down, but revenues will presumably continue to rise. Also, the penalties for teams who pay the luxury tax get much worse in the next few years so teams are going to try and do everything they can to try and avoid paying the tax.

Wow, you get around. I haven't even been to all those places. Thanks for the suggestions. There's just a lot of neat, out of the way restaurants and bars around town. Did you go to 4th Street Live? It's a cool place to hang downtown in the evening or late at night...great piano bar there that gets kinda rowdy late night.

I have been there before. I like the Bartstown scene better and looks like Butchertown and NuLu is pretty happening now.

That could be a concern, but the Celts were looking for some youth. They have a bunch of (some would say too many) veterans. If Melo/KJ do stick, they can learn from some of the best (KG and PP) while they develop.

That could be a concern, but the Celts were looking for some youth. They have a bunch of (some would say too many) veterans. If Melo/KJ do stick, they can learn from some of the best (KG and PP) while they develop.
I think Kris will be spending a lot of time up in Maine for the D-League team.

Jeff Green coming back will take most of the backup minutes from Pierce. Don't see any room for Kris, but they'll let him get minutes in the D-League. He can get some time with Paul Harris (If he's still up there).

I wouldn't be shocked if KJo never played an NBA minute in green.

I they re-sign Jeff Green and bring back Dreads...where would KJo fit in? At the 2 behind Avery Bradley if Ray Allen leaves? I imagine they would sign Jason Terry to fill that void. No room at the Inn for Kjo.

I think he has a very good chance of making the roster. He won't get any PT but the team still has to fill out their roster. Putting the band back together is going to be very costly their last 2 roster spots will have to go to very cheap practice players. I.E. Kris Joseph for one of those spots he will have to play well this summer of course. There are 15 spots per team only 12 dress (for some silly reason) but they are all on the team. 700K to ride the pine or sit in a suit is not bad!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom