Kris Joseph to Celtics! | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Kris Joseph to Celtics!

I wouldn't be shocked if KJo never played an NBA minute in green.

I they re-sign Jeff Green and bring back Dreads...where would KJo fit in? At the 2 behind Avery Bradley if Ray Allen leaves? I imagine they would sign Jason Terry to fill that void. No room at the Inn for Kjo.
Ray's going nowhere, he's getting 3m more than he would anywhere else. Like stated above, Kris will be in the DLeague most likely and he'll be on the 15 man roster if they need him up there. With the new cap and having to manage that, low salary guys like Joseph will help make up the roster.

I wouldn't be shocked if KJo never played an NBA minute in green.

I they re-sign Jeff Green and bring back Dreads...where would KJo fit in? At the 2 behind Avery Bradley if Ray Allen leaves? I imagine they would sign Jason Terry to fill that void. No room at the Inn for Kjo.
Well, let's start with Green. Didn't he have heart surgery? And hasn't he spent an entire year not playing a dime of basketball? I don't think he's joining the Celts summer development camp, which Joseph will be part of through the end of July. So nice player, but he still has some health issues.

Next, the Ray Allen saga continues -- he's actively shopping and has expressed doubts about wether getting the "band" back together is the right move for him. Personally, I don't think he's worth his contract, but thats another story. If he returns AND they wind up signing Terry AND Green makes a miraculous recovery, they'll probably wind up parking KJ temporarily (until something else changes).

As to Terry, rumors are that the celts offered him a three year deal (15m) via an MLE, and he's giving the Mavs a chance to match the offer. He's not in Allen's shooting class, but he can get on a roll from 3 and give the celtics much needed outside scoring. But he's a defensive liability and doesn't have the all-around shooting/slash game that KJ has (IF he develops to an NBA level).

Further, if you read my post, I said, "if he [KJ] sticks"... No doubt he's a bit of a project, but the Celts signed him (terms undisclosed) and will try to develop him. That will include the summer training camp and then, who knows. Maybe he sees some time at the 2 or 3 while Green recovers his skills, maybe they park him in Maine to work on his defense. Lots of possibilities... but to say he'll never sniff the NBA is a bit premature (not saying that was your post).

Right now, he's making 700k and is willing to learn. So keep your head up, KJ, and play your butt off and good things might happen.

As to Terry, rumors are that the celts offered him a three year deal (15m) via an MLE, and he's giving the Mavs a chance to match the offer. He's not in Allen's shooting class, but he can get on a roll from 3 and give the celtics much needed outside scoring. But he's a defensive liability and doesn't have the all-around shooting/slash game that KJ has (IF he develops to an NBA level).

I'm not totally sure I follow; I don't think Jason Terry has anything to do with KJ's NBA future.

Terry is also a much much better shooter than Kris. And if Terry was playing in college hoops last year, I think he would have been a pretty awesome slasher as well. I agree with those who said Kris seemed to regress the last 2 years.

I'm not totally sure I follow; I don't think Jason Terry has anything to do with KJ's NBA future.

Terry is also a much much better shooter than Kris. And if Terry was playing in college hoops last year, I think he would have been a pretty awesome slasher as well. I agree with those who said Kris seemed to regress the last 2 years.
I was responding to MyMelo's comment about KJ possibly getting minutes at the 2 (unlikely if they sign Jason Terry).

As far as KJ's shooting, I agree he's not in JT's league. In fact, in his last year at SU, his shooting did strangely regress from his junior year. I think he actually made 6 more threes than he did as a junior -- but he took 25 more attempts. His FG % also declined ... maybe a combination of poor shot selection or more defensive attention. He had some great games (saved our bacon in the GT game), but seemed to be less of a factor as we made our way through the tournament. He just didn't respond well to being a go-to guy. But that's not a role he'll be asked to fill as a Celtic.

KJ's potential for being a rotation guy is at the 3. There's plenty of competition. Not only is Green coming back (after heart surgery), there's also Pavlovic, Daniels and Pietrus -- all free agents. So it makes sense to wait until July 11th and after to see what shakes out in the FA market before we start making exact predictions about whether KJ will get minutes at the 3 for Boston.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom