Kris Joseph | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Kris Joseph

He's a senior, a guy who at one time we all thought might be a high first round draft choice. He should be producing more in a big game like this.

I don't think anyone thought he would be a high first round draft choice. Ever.

Completely agree. This isn't 1996 SU where if John Wallace doesn't score 20 we don't have the firepower to win. We can win with Joseph scoring under double figures, but what is absolutely unacceptable is him being clueless defensively against great outside shooting teams.
I'm with you. KJo doesn't have to score, especially if others are on. Although it did look like he had an open lane to the hoop before that stupid pass to CJ. And the missed free throws were aggravating. But stuff on O can happen.

What should not be happening with a 4 year senior are stupid defensive lapses. And we have been seeing them with way too much regularity out of KJo for the last few games. He had to know not to let Wisky shoot an open three. What sense did it make for him to go in to double one of those big stiffs in the middle? Mental errors like that shouldn't be happening now. He did it several times in the Cincy game, going to double up while leaving Kilpatrick open for the three. KJo should be the one outsmarting the opposition, anticipating what they are going to do.

Contrast what KJo did vs what CJ did in the zone. He picked off several of those interior passes by anticipating the Wisky pass. Seemed like he was one step ahead at times. A couple of steals makes a big difference in a low possession game as can a couple of blown asssignments. KJo needs to play smarter D, just no excuse for it really.

KJo needs to raise the mental aspects of his D for the game against OSU. Our D needs to baffle them. We need to be one step ahead on several occasions. Wisky was well coached and executed the game plan with smart players. OSU may not have that aspect to fall back on and SU needs to take advantage. KJo should be part of the baffling D, not the player making bad decisions.

I'm with you. KJo doesn't have to score, especially if others are on. Although it did look like he had an open lane to the hoop before that stupid pass to CJ. And the missed free throws were aggravating. But stuff on O can happen.

What should not be happening with a 4 year senior are stupid defensive lapses. And we have been seeing them with way too much regularity out of KJo for the last few games. He had to know not to let Wisky shoot an open three. What sense did it make for him to go in to double one of those big stiffs in the middle? Mental errors like that shouldn't be happening now. He did it several times in the Cincy game, going to double up while leaving Kilpatrick open for the three. KJo should be the one outsmarting the opposition, anticipating what they are going to do.

Contrast what KJo did vs what CJ did in the zone. He picked off several of those interior passes by anticipating the Wisky pass. Seemed like he was one step ahead at times. A couple of steals makes a big difference in a low possession game as can a couple of blown asssignments. KJo needs to play smarter D, just no excuse for it really.

KJo needs to raise the mental aspects of his D for the game against OSU. Our D needs to baffle them. We need to be one step ahead on several occasions. Wisky was well coached and executed the game plan with smart players. OSU may not have that aspect to fall back on and SU needs to take advantage. KJo should be part of the baffling D, not the player making bad decisions.

I would hate to see him end his SU career that way.

KJO hit a jumper early and had to be accounted for by the Badgers all night. I am not sure whose shots should have gone to KJO.

Did he totally miss the one rotation that JB was screaming about? Yes;but Waiters did not get over the screen and gave up an easy three and we can point to a bad rotation by almost every player.

Overall, Luke Winn argeus that he is the best defensive forward we have.

Enjoy the ride everyone

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/luke_winn/02/07/Syracuse.defense/index.html

KJO ha been playing poorly for some time now. I would actually say that hes hurting the team. He's not scoring, rebounding, or playing defense! It's painfully obvious.

Thers no reason that he should be playing 39 minutes especially when hes playing poorly. JS should have gotten atleast 10 more minutes of playing time. With the depth on this team there's no reason for anyone to not get more rest then 1 minute. Seems JB plays him no matter what and I dont understand why. IMO he's been a huge dissapointment this year especially late in the season.

I'm more concerned with his demeanor at the line at the end. Like Nirvana said, he looked ill. This is a guy that looks to be folding under the pressure. Go back and look at his face. I told my wife that he would not only miss but miss badly...and he did. I wish he had some of Dion's balls.

After reading this thread, I'm hoping JB throws Kris off the team before Saturday.

the pass to CJ on the baseline drive was not a terrible play...CJ was not anticipating that pass although he was wide open for a drive and dunk....that botched play lies squarely on CJ...kris found the open man as the D collapsed on this drive

with all that said, kris does need to step up a bit more

KJO hit a jumper early and had to be accounted for by the Badgers all night. I am not sure whose shots should have gone to KJO.

Did he totally miss the one rotation that JB was screaming about? Yes;but Waiters did not get over the screen and gave up an easy three and we can point to a bad rotation by almost every player.

Overall, Luke Winn argeus that he is the best defensive forward we have.

Enjoy the ride everyone

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/luke_winn/02/07/Syracuse.defense/index.html
Thank you for linking the article, good stuff. The numbers certainly suggest differently from what I thought. I wonder if his numbers for the last few games have suffered or if I have just caught the obvious lapses in otherwise good efforts.

I can only hope that the last few games were aberrations, and that he can snap back to the defender his overall numbers show.

He is a senior leader, we need him.

It's valid discussion on how poorly Joseph is playing. Just his nonchalant demeanor is irritating. We have a few players who are more talented than Joseph but he will have to step it up Saturday. Especially on D and rebounding. We can't let DeShaun Thomas get going.

the pass to CJ on the baseline drive was not a terrible play...CJ was not anticipating that pass although he was wide open for a drive and dunk....that botched play lies squarely on CJ...kris found the open man as the D collapsed on this drive

with all that said, kris does need to step up a bit more

I would say this is partially right. The thought was good from Joseph as he had a guy sliding over to him and CJ was wide open underneath. He should have thrown a bounce pass though.

No way CJ can catch a direct pass like that because he is collapsing to the basket anticipating a shot from Joseph. A bounce pass give that extra split second to see and react to catch the ball. Plus the defender was somewhat screening CJ, making the direct pass extremely difficult to catch.

He sure as hell didnt look confident before that free throw, and right after time ran out I dont even think he was celebrating. I tried to rewind it but my dvr didnt cooperate.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom