Kris Joseph | Syracusefan.com

Kris Joseph

Cuse Action

2nd String
7 points and 2 rebounds in 39 minutes of play, and misses a big foul shot in a crucial situation. . Not what you'd expect from a guy who is a senior and expected to be drafted. Very disappointing.

7 points and 2 rebounds in 39 minutes of play, and misses a big foul shot in a crucial situation. . Not what you'd expect from a guy who is a senior and expected to be drafted. Very disappointing.
He drove me nuts last night. Thank god he hit that second 3 late in the 2H after missing the previous one from the same spot, or they probably lose. He also had that nice baseline move later, but instead of going up strong to the rim, he tries to get a pass across the lane to CJ who was covered? That was just a lack of focus/confidence that he needs to overcome. But all year guys have stepped up to cover for their teammates. Baye and CJ were the obvious role player studs last night, and it is Kris' turn tomorrow to bring some game, or they're likely heading back to CNY instead of New Orleans.

Yikes, SU puts up the best offensive performance of any team against Wisconsin this year and this is your observation?

Perhaps SU should have taken away looks from Jardine, Waiters and Fair so Joseph could have taken more shots. That would have been brilliant!

It's not like team rebounding was a problem last night either.

If you're going to get on Joseph for anything, it would be losing some shooters on his side of the zone, although Wisconsin did a great job of swinging the ball and using fakes to free themselves up.

If you're going to get on Joseph for anything, it would be losing some shooters on his side of the zone, although Wisconsin did a great job of swinging the ball and using fakes to free themselves up.[/quote]

This

Jimmy was apoplectic with KJ during the timeout when he got distracted and stepped toward the baseline as a 3 rained down from his piece of defensive real estate.

Yikes, SU puts up the best offensive performance of any team against Wisconsin this year and this is your observation?

Perhaps SU should have taken away looks from Jardine, Waiters and Fair so Joseph could have taken more shots. That would have been brilliant!

It's not like team rebounding was a problem last night either.

If you're going to get on Joseph for anything, it would be losing some shooters on his side of the zone, although Wisconsin did a great job of swinging the ball and using fakes to free themselves up.
He had two rebounds in 39 minutes, and didn't assert himself offensively. You can't see that? We need more from him.

He had two rebounds in 39 minutes, and didn't assert himself offensively. You can't see that? We need more from him.

I saw he didn't assert himself offensively and didn't care because Fair and SU's backcourt were producing a dominant offensive performance without him.

Sure, I would have liked to see him grab another rebound or two but again, SU's team rebounding was fine, plus both teams shot so well and the game had so few possessions that there weren't too many rebounds available in the first place.

On defense yes. On offense defenetly not last night. We shot 55% and 55% from three.
Usually when you shoot like that as a team you don't ask for from one player.
And KJo drew a few fouls off the dribble.

Had he made the last 2 freetrhows I wonder how many people wouldn't be on his case.
He was 3-8 had one of those other ones gone down he would have been shooting 50%.

Its not like he was 4-13 or something.

KJO has been a offensive minded player all year. Especially with the injuries.

If you think we are going to beat OSU with Kjo scoring 7 points on 8 shots... then god bless. He is going to need to step it up tomorrow if we have a shot at winning.

I will say this... That 3 he hit he got great elevation and he shot it with confidence in ryhthm... I knew it was in before it left his hand... That's the Kris we need... The FT at the end that's a different story and a bit worrisome...

He has too many games where he drifts off to the perimeter and watches the game instead of being active. Don't know why. OSU will be the most ferocious rebounding team we have faced. If KJ is not going to mix it up inside and hit the boards, then JS needs to play more minutes in his place. Hope JB has the resolve.

You ever hear of a quiet 7 points? I think he actually had the opposite. A loud 7 points. He hit a jumper early. I think he was okay.

You ever hear of a quiet 7 points? I think he actually had the opposite. A loud 7 points. He hit a jumper early. I think he was okay.

He had a 13 minute stretch where he did not touch the ball in the 2nd half. He just kind of watched from the corner.

He has too many games where he drifts off to the perimeter and watches the game instead of being active. Don't know why. OSU will be the most ferocious rebounding team we have faced. If KJ is not going to mix it up inside and hit the boards, then JS needs to play more minutes in his place. Hope JB has the resolve.

Agree Dirty will be called upon to do some of the "dirty work"

He's a senior, a guy who at one time we all thought might be a high first round draft choice. He should be producing more in a big game like this.

He had a 13 minute stretch where he did not touch the ball in the 2nd half. He just kind of watched from the corner.

First, the play-by-play refutes your statement about a 13-minute stretch of not touching the ball. It's complete fiction.

Second, and this is the most important point so I'll bold it, SU was scoring or getting a good shot almost every single trip. If that can happen with Joseph watching from the corner, so be it.

[/quote]Jimmy was apoplectic with KJ during the timeout when he got distracted and stepped toward the baseline as a 3 rained down from his piece of defensive real estate.[/quote]

that look on JB's face said it all.....kris just stood on the baseline as he whatched the shooter set and drain

Fortunately, we didn't need more from him......agreed we'll need more than that to get by OSU.

Jimmy was apoplectic with KJ during the timeout when he got distracted and stepped toward the baseline as a 3 rained down from his piece of defensive real estate.

that look on JB's face said it all.....kris just stood on the baseline as he whatched the shooter set and drain[/quote]

Indeed, painful to watch...and it's certainly not the first with KJ in that regard.

He, as one of the presumed "leaders" of the team clearly needs to step up...he absolutely has to hit that front end of the one and one with 15 secs left...and then the second. IMO, KJ always talks the talks when it comes to mental toughness, etc., but seldom walks the walk. :noidea:

Completely agree. This isn't 1996 SU where if John Wallace doesn't score 20 we don't have the firepower to win. We can win with Joseph scoring under double figures, but what is absolutely unacceptable is him being clueless defensively against great outside shooting teams.

Isn't it great to be able to have 3 guys have off nights and have the opponents play a great game and still win? All the talking heads keep saying this team or that team will beat us because they can do this or that and no one acknowledges that we haven't come close to having a night where everyone plays well. We are long overdue and saturday against ohio state which is not a great defensive team, maybe craft is good but the key is team would be a good time to have that game.

I will say this... That 3 he hit he got great elevation and he shot it with confidence in ryhthm... I knew it was in before it left his hand... That's the Kris we need... The FT at the end that's a different story and a bit worrisome...

Joseph looked like he was going to throw up as he was waiting for the ball before his free throw.

If you think we are going to beat OSU with Kjo scoring 7 points on 8 shots... then god bless. He is going to need to step it up tomorrow if we have a shot at winning.
How's this for a prediction... we're going to need really good all-around games from about 3 or 4 guys to beat OSU. Kris could be one of those guys, or he might not be. That's the beauty and the strength of this team. Anyone who saw Keita's performance last night coming raise your hand.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom