Kristof Ongenaet | Syracusefan.com

Kristof Ongenaet

I was wondering about him just the other day. My favorite player when he was playing. I just looked for the video of his full court, slam, and hard foul; I guess it is on my work computer.

He's an easy player to root for. A guy that the coaching staff brought in basically as practice fodder, because he was a good enough athlete.

But due to injuries, he ended up playing a very important role his two years in the program. Tough kid.

I was wondering about him just the other day. My favorite player when he was playing. I just looked for the video of his full court, slam, and hard foul; I guess it is on my work computer.

That was his first season against Marq maybe last home game of the year. He stole the ball crossed some one up at half court and then got the +1 slam while also managing to knee himself in the face. Loved kOng!

He's an easy player to root for. A guy that the coaching staff brought in basically as practice fodder, because he was a good enough athlete.

But due to injuries, he ended up playing a very important role his two years in the program. Tough kid.
One of the program's unsung heroes.

Saw him in the Melo Center working out in 2012. He was getting ready to go back to Europe and try to stick with the team. This was after the back injury, and he said he felt good at the time. I told him he was one of my all time favorite Orangemen, and he was genuinely stunned. "Really?!", was his response. I told him everyone loved him because he worked his butt off and never backed down.

My guess is he isn't playing hoops now...I saw his current Facebook page. Looks like he is living in Belgium.

Saw him in the Melo Center working out in 2012. He was getting ready to go back to Europe and try to stick with the team. This was after the back injury, and he said he felt good at the time. I told him he was one of my all time favorite Orangemen, and he was genuinely stunned. "Really?!", was his response. I told him everyone loved him because he worked his butt off and never backed down.

Huh, Kristof you should have told him to stop by the forum - he's always been celebrated!

Hey wasn't that the much maligned Greene doing work in the post all in one game? I thought he had no post game?

Lol I'm fairly certain this is the game when everyone was like "finally. This is what we've been saying. Put him down low." I was at mullys after this game and kong showed up and was treated like royalty.

Lol I'm fairly certain this is the game when everyone was like "finally. This is what we've been saying. Put him down low." I was at mullys after this game and kong showed up and was treated like royalty.

Easier said than done on that team as they couldn't shoot well other than him once Andy and Devo were down. It really is too bad Donte didn't come back a second season he would have been great but he still had one of the better freshman forward campaigns we've had and one of the youngest teams ever with little help.

Hey wasn't that the much maligned Greene doing work in the post all in one game? I thought he had no post game?

He was excellent that day; no doubt that he worked hard to get to that point. It was fun to watch.

That wasn't the case for 30-odd other games, of course.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom