Kudos to Texanmark | Syracusefan.com

Kudos to Texanmark

I'll third that ...thanks Mark for everything. Putting my vote in for Northwestern next year:)

Thanks for the shout out

We had a great turnout. I had 25 reserved slots, had about 5-10 other carloads show up and paid cash game day to park next to us. Thanks for everyone coming through with canopies, grills, coolers with ice, snacks, delicious fried chicken, outstanding Hofmann coneys, awesome mini Cuban and Sub sandwiches, beer, soda, water. We got it rolling around 2:30 and it was hopping by 4pm. At our max we had at least 100 Cuse fans tailgating. We outnumbered USF fans in this lot.

Highlights: ticket swaps, seat swaps, phone calls asking for directions, watching faninorlando's one person collapasible canopy, the happiness shown by several FL based Cuse fans eating a Hofmann Coney for the first time in years, cornhole, watching Rutgirls lose on Cuseregular's IPad, tailgating on grass instead of asphalt, and finally meeting new board posters/lurkers for the first time.

The game was awesome, we fell behind and I always felt we would come back. Nice stadium, seat back chairs, varied concession menu (NFL pricing however), Pirate Ship and USF Coeds. The stadium was SOA when it opened IIRC around 1998. You can really tell the big video boards are needing to be redone. The Carrier Dome's boards are so much better for picture quality. USF fans seem not as emotionally attached to the team as Cuse fans are to our team. We had some friendly give and take with the USF students. I meet a USF fan who came dressed in Cuse colors...not unusal with the amount of CNY transplants in FL. The one grip I have with USF...it sure seemed like they were pumping the students cheering throughout the stadium on the speakers during critical 3rd and 4th down situations. Finally, I hope we can continue to play either USF or UCF occasionally as it is a great area to visit in late October or November.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom