Kuroda's inconsistency is getting boring | Syracusefan.com

Kuroda's inconsistency is getting boring

CaliCuse

All American
This guy is liked a plate of deep fried sushi. NOt what we expected from a #2 starter free agent. I think the money should have gone to Darvish. BTW Did anyone notice Derek slamming the ball into ground balls again. That is what got him started on his decline. I hope he breaks this habit soon and not give away his great season thus far.;)

This guy is liked a plate of deep fried sushi. NOt what we expected from a #2 starter free agent. I think the money should have gone to Darvish. BTW Did anyone notice Derek slamming the ball into ground balls again. That is what got him started on his decline. I hope he breaks this habit soon and not give away his great season thus far.;)

You do realize that Darvish would have cost a bit more than Kuroda, don't you? And how dare that Jeter go hitless Saturday! The old geezer made an error, too. Girardi needs to drop him in the order because the wheels are about to come off. The guy is only about an 0 for 60 streak away from becoming a .250 hitter again.

You do realize that Darvish would have cost a bit more than Kuroda, don't you? And how dare that Jeter go hitless Saturday! The old geezer made an error, too. Girardi needs to drop him in the order because the wheels are about to come off. The guy is only about an 0 for 60 streak away from becoming a .250 hitter again.
I know that Darvish's cost is off the charts and that Kuroda was a far less expensive acquisition. As for Derek ,I merely mentioned that because when derek was suffering last year before his big 3000 hit he was leading the league in ground ball outs and Dp hit into . He seems to be on form today. so it remains an observation only. Look no one appreciates Derek Jeter more than me. Habits are easy to form and far more difficult to break. Look at Robby ano swinging at balls in the dirt or beyond a strike zone in another park. If he could control that he would lead the league in average and maybe home runs. On the good side Phil Hughes looks to have retained the strength of his last outing.:eek:

I know that Darvish's cost is off the charts and that Kuroda was a far less expensive acquisition. As for Derek ,I merely mentioned that because when derek was suffering last year before his big 3000 hit he was leading the league in ground ball outs and Dp hit into . He seems to be on form today. so it remains an observation only. Look no one appreciates Derek Jeter more than me. Habits are easy to form and far more difficult to break. Look at Robby ano swinging at balls in the dirt or beyond a strike zone in another park. If he could control that he would lead the league in average and maybe home runs. On the good side Phil Hughes looks to have retained the strength of his last outing.:eek:

I was only kidding you, Cali. I just think Jeter is the last guy to be worried about on this team. He's been driving the ball with authority all season after finishing strongly last year. Barring injury, I'd expect to see it continue. He's not going to hit .400, but I believe he will be at about .330 with an OBP over .400 when all is said and done. He's a remarkable player to watch, even at this stage of his career.

That was a nice effort from Hughes today, although I believe he might be more valuable in the bullpen this year and expect to see him wind up there eventually. It was good to see Cano go deep today, along with ARod. Eventually those guys will hit, as will Tex. And I fully expect the starting pitching to get on a roll soon. Remember, we're only about 1/6 of the way into the season.

I was only kidding you, Cali. I just think Jeter is the last guy to be worried about on this team. He's been driving the ball with authority all season after finishing strongly last year. Barring injury, I'd expect to see it continue. He's not going to hit .400, but I believe he will be at about .330 with an OBP over .400 when all is said and done. He's a remarkable player to watch, even at this stage of his career.

That was a nice effort from Hughes today, although I believe he might be more valuable in the bullpen this year and expect to see him wind up there eventually. It was good to see Cano go deep today, along with ARod. Eventually those guys will hit, as will Tex. And I fully expect the starting pitching to get on a roll soon. Remember, we're only about 1/6 of the way into the season.

Hughes going to the bull pen really depends on Pettitte coming back and being effective and Phelps or somebody being able to hold down the # 5 spot. To be honest with you either Hughes or Phelps can interchange in those roles, imo. Garcia has looked better in the pen too, and may end up being trade bait at some point. Before Mo went down it was thought that Soriano may be on the way out, but that doesn't look like it will be happening now.