Kyle Knapp | Syracusefan.com

Kyle Knapp

Status
Not open for further replies.

RMH44

All American
I heard that KK will transfer to W. Michigan to continue his FB career.

Word is that he may have suffered as many as 7 concussions while at SU. Apparently he is very unhappy with his medical disqualification.

Word is that he may have suffered as many as 7 concussions while at SU. Apparently he is very unhappy with his medical disqualification.

Wow, 7 concussions?

Don't get it.

Let me guess: He's going to see the same neurologist who cleared AJ Long the other day.

Can't smoke pot after you get caught the first time, can't smash your brain in. What fun is this school?

Can't smoke pot after you get caught the first time, can't smash your brain in. What fun is this school?

Dean_Wormer_Animal_House.JPG

I did hear from someone connected to the program that we have a family physician and not a neurologist making these concussion rulings and that he is super conservative to cover his ass. Anything resembling a concussion and any big hit to the head and shoulder area is being treated as a concussion. I work in healthcare and know that every big hit isnt a concussion. Kids are not happy with our system.

I did hear from someone connected to the program that we have a family physician and not a neurologist making these concussion rulings and that he is super conservative to cover his ass. Anything resembling a concussion and any big hit to the head and shoulder area is being treated as a concussion. I work in healthcare and know that every big hit isnt a concussion. Kids are not happy with our system.
I'm sure that's the case. Team physician is Dr. James Tucker, a GP based in Fayetteville, I think. I would expect a conservative approach from someone with that background. I'd also expect Syracuse to have a neurologist under contract or at least available to review cases like these. Sounds like the staff also took a conservative approach. In the case of Knapp, his MRI came back "clean" but he was still DQ'd.

I'm sure that's the case. Team physician is Dr. James Tucker, a GP based in Fayetteville, I think. I would expect a conservative approach from someone with that background. I'd also expect Syracuse to have a neurologist under contract or at least available to review cases like these. Sounds like the staff also took a conservative approach. In the case of Knapp, his MRI came back "clean" but he was still DQ'd.

I agree we do need a neurologist on this. If knapps mri was indeed clean then we do have a serious problem if kids are being disqualified prematurely. While concussions are serious, they have become a witch-hunt nationwide.

I agree we do need a neurologist on this. If knapps mri was indeed clean then we do have a serious problem if kids are being disqualified prematurely. While concussions are serious, they have become a witch-hunt nationwide.
Maybe we should have Denzel Ward re-evaluated.

It should be 3 neurologist. If they all clear its a go, if 2 clear, kid and parents sign a waiver of liability. If 2 say no, its no go.

Anyone else wonder why this thread was at top of list and then remember it really is the football board?

This could get into a situation, potentially, where a kid could have a gripe about the school jeopardizing the kids pro prospects. Not with these kids particularly...but what if they DQ'd Dungey?

I agree that concussions are nothing to be messed with...but there is also being over cautious.

Let's say even if 3 out of 7 are "real" kid needs to shut it down. Very hard to let go of your dreams, but need to look at the big picture.

As someone who has had 3 and my last being when I was 34. All I can say is I feel the effects periodically in my early 40's.

I'm concerned with our system. Are other programs disqualifying their players at a rate that Syracuse is?

I know it's not PC to say this nowadays but there is being cautious, and then there is being destructive to the football program.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom