LA Advice | Syracusefan.com

LA Advice

hungrychuck

All Conference
Heading out for USC and it's also my first time in LA.

Would appreciate (1) any recs/advice on restaurants/sites/nightlife, and (2) LA Coliseum logistics.

To be specific, I'm arriving midday Thursday and staying in West Hollywood, not far from the strip. I will be getting around by foot and taxi. (I know nobody walks in LA and all that, but not looking to spend my limited time in traffic jams.) So, within reasonable proximity to my hotel, where would you head for food-drink-amusement?

Re gameday, obviously I'll be looking to cab it down to Coliseum. Imagine that is straightforward enough, but will there be issues getting a cab back out?

Also would enjoy hearing of any SU fan gatherings/tailgating.

Thanks.

I'm going out for the game too and only been to SoCal once so I can't help you out in regards to the "places to see/things to do" dept but the Syracuse SoCal alumni club is running 5 shuttle buses to the Coliseum from different areas around LA. Might be worth a look to see if this is close by where you are staying so you don't have to do the cab thing.

As far as pregame festivities, apparently the SU party is sold out.

I'm going out for the game too and only been to SoCal once so I can't help you out in regards to the "places to see/things to do" dept but the Syracuse SoCal alumni club is running 5 shuttle buses to the Coliseum from different areas around LA. Might be worth a look to see if this is close by where you are staying so you don't have to do the cab thing.

As far as pregame festivities, apparently the SU party is sold out.

Thanks for the tip Cuseman.

I'm meeting friends in L.A. From what they tell me if I were you I would hook up with one of those shuttle buses. You probably wouldn't want to be waiting around the Coliseum after the game looking for a taxi.

Check TNIAAM later this week, Sean lived in LA and is writing up a visitor's guide.

Put a hundred down and buy a car is the only advice I can give. Ok, to rent a car. Have a nice trip and enjoy the left side.

I lived there as well... If you're in W. Hollywood you are where the action is. Might want to head over to Santa Monica as well... Very traditional LA feel... Cabs and walking will get you around Hollywood and W. Hollywood. the boardwalk in SM and Venice is awesome. Lot of good eats down there. Nothing really worth seeing by the Coliseum, unless of course you are there to watch the cuse win!

I lived there as well... If you're in W. Hollywood you are where the action is. Might want to head over to Santa Monica as well... Very traditional LA feel... Cabs and walking will get you around Hollywood and W. Hollywood. the boardwalk in SM and Venice is awesome. Lot of good eats down there. Nothing really worth seeing by the Coliseum, unless of course you are there to watch the cuse win!

Hey, thanks, definitely thinking about Santa Monica if time allows.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom