LAC/GS | Syracusefan.com

LAC/GS

SoBeCuse

Living Legend
Great, intense basketball being played. Skill level is off the charts. Redick, Draymond, Barnes, are all so good as well as the superstars. Just a treat to watch. Don't get the people who knock the NBA product.

Two really skilled teams. Everyone on the court can make shots. Even Blake Griffin is a knockdown shooter at 18 feet. His midrange game is so underrated. The West was just loaded this year. Never remember such a great first round.

Great game! Even though it's gone 7, I thought this series was a little underwhelming from a quality of play standpoint(my expectations were ridiculously high though!) Tonight has been incredible!

Great, intense basketball being played. Skill level is off the charts. Redick, Draymond, Barnes, are all so good as well as the superstars. Just a treat to watch. Don't get the people who knock the NBA product.

The knocking of the NBA product is usually limited to college fan message boards like this by folks who really don't root for a NBA team. The NBA far and away puts the NCAA to shame. It's pros vs. amateurs so it is to be expected. These playoffs have been a prime example of that. No ridiculous stall ball, horrific shot selection and hoisting 3s for no reason etc. Just basketball being played at its highest skill level. I love the college game obviously, but no fair minded person can compare the two products, whether they like the "greedy" NBA or not.

I like all those players on LAC. Even Matt Barnes and Jamal Crawford. With the way DeAndre Jordan is playing I think they are the only team who can beat MIA if they get there. Really good team.

I like all those players on LAC. Even Matt Barnes and Jamal Crawford. With the way DeAndre Jordan is playing I think they are the only team who can beat MIA if they get there. Really good team.
They're good players, I just don't find any of them like able. Blake Griffin is soft and is so transparent when he tries to act tough. Chris Paul whines incessantly. JJ Redick, enough said. Matt Barnes is a guy I'd love on my team but he's annoying on others. I do like Deandre Jordan, but that's about it.

I usually ignore the pros, but GS is slowly making me a Warriors fan (I'm already a Gigantes baseball fan). Can't get enough of Steph Curry. But to think, they lost to the Clippers on LA's home court by 5 when they: (a) threw away the ball like rice at a wedding; (b) couldn't rebound, to the point that they had more one-and-dones than Kentucky; and (c) allowed the Clippers to bottle up Splish and Splash like Perrier. They just need to fill a few gaps to be even more entertaining next year (Bogut was absent, for one, but they still need more muscle underneath), and I could eagerly look forward to the season. . . BUT. . . . If their ownership makes the bonehead play of firing Mark Jackson, they'll become the "New Clippers," famed for years of benign mismanagement and outright blunders. Please, please, please no!-VBOF

They're good players, I just don't find any of them like able. Blake Griffin is soft and is so transparent when he tries to act tough. Chris Paul whines incessantly. JJ Redick, enough said. Matt Barnes is a guy I'd love on my team but he's annoying on others. I do like Deandre Jordan, but that's about it.

I hear ya. I do like Griffin's stoic demeanor. The guy cares about the game and he has really improved his game. Dominant PF now. Barnes is that total pest you want on your team.

I usually ignore the pros, but GS is slowly making me a Warriors fan (I'm already a Gigantes baseball fan). Can't get enough of Steph Curry. But to think, they lost to the Clippers on LA's home court by 5 when they: (a) threw away the ball like rice at a wedding; (b) couldn't rebound, to the point that they had more one-and-dones than Kentucky; and (c) allowed the Clippers to bottle up Splish and Splash like Perrier. They just need to fill a few gaps to be even more entertaining next year (Bogut was absent, for one, but they still need more muscle underneath), and I could eagerly look forward to the season. . . BUT. . . . If their ownership makes the bonehead play of firing Mark Jackson, they'll become the "New Clippers," famed for years of benign mismanagement and outright blunders. Please, please, please no!-VBOF
Agreed. Those players would go to war for Mark Jackson. Given the roster and injuries to them in the Western Conference, I'm not really sure what they're expecting from him beyond what they've done although it seems to be more of a friction than production based firing, if that happens.

Golden State needs to find a big guy that is more reliable than Bogut. He is always hurt every year. That is why they lost this series. Jordan had his way down low. I really like Golden States future if they keep everyone together, they just need some more front court depth.

I just posted this on another GS-C thread but meant to put it here:

I watched a little of one of the W-C games. Twice I saw Blake get the ball about 15 ft from the basket. The first time he violently banged into his guy 3 times, ala Shaq's buttarama move, before he pushed the guy back far enough to get a shot. The second time he only had to bash into the defender once, before he made his move. It was NFL basketball.

they'll become the "New Clippers," famed for years of benign mismanagement and outright blunders. Please, please, please no!-VBOF

You really haven't been watching the Warriors very long have you? :)

44cuse

Golden State needs to find a big guy that is more reliable than Bogut. He is always hurt every year. That is why they lost this series. Jordan had his way down low. I really like Golden States future if they keep everyone together, they just need some more front court depth.

I'm not going to disagree with you on the premise, but as a W's fan, this is similar to the AO situation. Bogut was fine all year until he got a cracked rib on a freak play. With Bogut in this series, the W's win it. Yes, Bogut has been fragile in the past, but ribs and feet are two different things.

44cuse

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom