Ladies blow 3rd game with double digit lead | Syracusefan.com

Ladies blow 3rd game with double digit lead

Need to learn how to finish. ACC is going to be tough for the women.

Geez they blew a 10 and a 9 point lead. Cant finish

It's called coaching. If you have ever watched the girls play, they don't value the ball. The right people are not always handling the ball or taking the right shots.

It's called coaching. If you have ever watched the girls play, they don't value the ball. The right people are not always handling the ball or taking the right shots.

Q can recruit, but he doesn't seem to handle close games well. Honestly if you listen to him screaming the entire game, including games when they are up 40, you have to wonder if his style makes the team "tighten up".

That's part of it, but if you compare most of our players to the top teir players they just aren't as athletic. Some are very good basketball players and the recruiting is helping us become more athletic, but overall we still are behind the top and many of the mid teir teams.

Finally!! Others are watching the girl's game and realize the coach is doing a poor job. Hillsman is a good recruiter and does have talent. Highly rated classes the last few years. We had 1 MacDonald AA who seemed to get progressively worse each year. We now have 2 but they are being used inappropriately. The constant use of the zone works for Jim because he has the right type of personell physically to do it and he also uses the full court press occasionally, not all the time. I have seen the girls in practice and they are very quick and, I feel, best suited for mtm with sparing use of the zone. I have predicted the last few years that the team would beat the tar out of lesser teams but better talented opponents could easily handle the pressure and, also, destroy the zone. Without change their record in the ACC will be poor as the girls in the ACC are of comparable talent to SU. Also his antics courtside are shameful and an embarresment. This yelling goes on in practice and not in a game. If you concur with my feelings please advise the SU athletic dept you feel a change in leadership is appropriate (let him stay recruiting) and we could be a power in both girls and boys BB

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom