Landon Donovan not going to Brazil | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Landon Donovan not going to Brazil

I saw it ...That's because he is 32 not 22. A natural progress. Let me ask you ...Did Klinsman pick the best 23 players ...Going around the internet the consensus seems to be that Klinsman is giving up on 2014 to get younger guys experience pointed towards 2018 Julian Green give me a fing break. What he is doing is wrong. I hope it blows up in his face Ill watch all the WC games except the ones with US in them ecause Klinsman has made the team a joke !!!
I, for one, do not want to see the US fail just to prove a point.

If this team fails to advance to the knockout round it will be because of powerful group stage opposition and a shaky back line, not because of Landon Donovan's omission.

Oh, and because of Jermaine Jones (n)

I, for one, do not want to see the US fail just to prove a point.

If this team fails to advance to the knockout round it will be because of powerful group stage opposition and a shaky back line, not because of Landon Donovan's omission.

So what your saying is the guy who has scored 5 World Cup Goals, who leads the US in total goals, who was a pivotal player in the US getting out of group play in both 2002 and 2010 could not make a difference. Besides he has to suck right ...after all he didn't want to stay in Europe and we know all MLS guys suck. I will readily admit our chances were slim even with Landon but without him I think there non existent. Can you actually agree with the selection of an 18 year old without a cap over Landon. Wondolowski ? I like him but he's not on the same leve as LD and never will be. I take from your avatar your probably not much on our domestic league and I can guess where your opinions on Donovon come from. Anyway a unfair and stupid decision from Jurgen. Time will prove me right, cant wait to see this ass wipe get fired after the 3 and out.

I take from your avatar your probably not much on our domestic league and I can guess where your opinions on Donovon come from.

Have you not been paying attention to anything I've written in this thread?

You sound like you have a seriously unhealthy man crush on Landon Donovan.

No sorry I posted first and then read, Its an emotional issue for me...LD is my daughters hero , I drove her to Birmingham to watch him in a qualifier and to RFK so she could see him vs DC United. I have come to be over defensive about LD as I've felt he got trashed unfairly throughout his career ( you know the Landycakes and what not) He has been the best field player we have ever produced ( I thought Tab Ramos was outstanding but knee problems destroyed his career ) So to see his international career end this way really really hit me hard. It would be if Jim Boeheim was fired tomorrow for some absurd reason. again sorry emotional day for me.

No sorry I posted first and then read, Its an emotional issue for me...LD is my daughters hero , I drove her to Birmingham to watch him in a qualifier and to RFK so she could see him vs DC United. I have come to be over defensive about LD as I've felt he got trashed unfairly throughout his career ( you know the Landycakes and what not) He has been the best field player we have ever produced ( I thought Tab Ramos was outstanding but knee problems destroyed his career ) So to see his international career end this way really really hit me hard. It would be if Jim Boeheim was fired tomorrow for some absurd reason. again sorry emotional day for me.

No worries.

Tab Ramos was my favorite American player until Deuce and Landon game along.

I think this was a poor decision on Jurgen's part and that it was made based heavily on personality issues, as evidenced by Jurgen's son's tweet:
KlinsmannSonTweet.jpg

There is no way you can make a case that Wondo deserves a spot on that team over Donovan. No way. Julian Green I can understand. But Wondo? No. And I like Wondo a lot.

The age/durability angle can be dismissed by the inclusion of Beasley (who should be on the squad, don't get me wrong).

Is this now Michael Bradley's team? Dempsey's?

A good read from Deadspin: Donovan was our savior all along

This says it all. Really up situation.

I'm sure you can guess what word it took out before "up".

just hard to believe, I thought he might bring LD of the bench at worst. This is wrong

I don't follow soccer that closely, what would this be akin to for the NBA, for example?

Having left Kobe off the 2012 Olympic team?

I don't follow soccer that closely, what would this be akin to for the NBA, for example?

Taking a journeyman like Wondo who can only score against 3rd world countries or a (literally) unproven 18 year-old like Julian Green would be akin to taking a hot shot rookie (who's never even played in a PGA event) or a Paul Goydos-type (b/c he happened to win the previous event) over a reasonably healthy Phil Mickelson as a captain's pick for the Ryder Cup.

Taking a journeyman like Wondo who can only score against 3rd world countries or a (literally) unproven 18 year-old like Julian Green would be akin to taking a hot shot rookie (who's never even played in a PGA event) or a Paul Goydos-type (b/c he happened to win the previous event) over a reasonably healthy Phil Mickelson as a captain's pick for the Ryder Cup.

Thanks.

Yeah, maybe like taking Bradley Beal/Dion Waiters and leaving Kobe home.

Obviously I hope I'm wrong, but I see a divided USMNT getting thrashed and going home winless.

Obviously I hope I'm wrong, but I see a divided USMNT getting thrashed and going home winless.

Actually, that would be the 1998 US team.

I trust Jurgen here. Bill Simmons "Ewing Theory" will be on full display next month with Landon gone. I think we beat Ghana (we're due against them) and sneak a point against Portugal. Hope 4 pts is good enough

I trust Jurgen here. Bill Simmons "Ewing Theory" will be on full display next month with Landon gone. I think we beat Ghana (we're due against them) and sneak a point against Portugal. Hope 4 pts is good enough

I really look forward to eating crow and saying you were right haha.

Ghana IMO is better this year than in 2010. Their MF is stacked with talent. Lots of quality Serie A players. Defense and goalie is where they are weak. JK will bunker and try to get them on the counter.

Three points is essential. The key man is Bradley, dominate the middle and the US has a chance.

I trust Jurgen here.

I don't he comes off as an arrogant Eurosnob with these selections. Obviously doesn't understand that The US is not at the point where we have 10 young Landons ready to replace this one. USA needs every player that has the technical ability to play at that level We have very few and Klinnsmann dropped the best. ( Watched LD on Sunday night...didn't look that out of form to me )

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom