Latest Lunardi/Bracketology SU, KU, Mizzou and MI State 1 seeds | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Latest Lunardi/Bracketology SU, KU, Mizzou and MI State 1 seeds

assuming syracuse and kentucky are locks, i think you got these teams fighting for the last 2 #1 seeds

north carolina/duke
missouri/kansas
michigan st/ohio st

so basically either the acc, big 10 or big 12 regular season champs are not gonna get a 1 seed.

When I look at Uconns record and the fact that they are considered to possibly be in the Tournament I can't help but think of the year we won 20 games and were left out of the dance. We were 10-6 in the BE that year if I recall.

On Lunardi's Insider piece, he makes a good point about the softness of the bubble this year. ("Losers" are Big Six conference teams that finish under .500 during the conference season.)

We could have a record number of "losers" in the NCAA field. The 1991 tourney produced three such teams, and it wouldn't surprise me a bit -- especially with three additional at-large slots now available -- if that so-called record falls this year.

When I look at Uconns record and the fact that they are considered to possibly be in the Tournament I can't help but think of the year we won 20 games and were left out of the dance. We were 10-6 in the BE that year if I recall.
We've been left out twice with 20 wins. In 02 we ere the first Big East team ever to have 20 wins and not get in. However we collapsed down the stretch that year so it wasn't a surprise.

The year you are talking about was o7 when I believe we were 22-10 overall and 10-6 in the BE. We beat #2 Gtown down the stretch and somehow go the snub. In all the lead in shows we were not even mentioned as a bubble team. It was a forgone conclusion that we were in. I still think somehow it was an oversight on the committee's part. Almost like they tabled us to move on to another discussion and just forgot to come back to us.

We've been left out twice with 20 wins. In 02 we ere the first Big East team ever to have 20 wins and not get in. However we collapsed down the stretch that year so it wasn't a surprise.

The year you are talking about was o7 when I believe we were 22-10 overall and 10-6 in the BE. We beat #2 Gtown down the stretch and somehow go the snub. In all the lead in shows we were not even mentioned as a bubble team. It was a forgone conclusion that we were in. I still think somehow it was an oversight on the committee's part. Almost like they tabled us to move on to another discussion and just forgot to come back to us.

Sheesh! You are right and that pi$$es me off even more!~

My heart dropped when I looked at Lunardi's bracket and saw Vermont 1st round.

Personally I would absolutely love to see that matchup. Talk about motivation and redemption...

Can't believe he still has UConn in his bracket. With their current play and their losing BE record, I can't see them squeezing in.
They definitely are on the bubble ... at best and any loss for the rest of the season is going to knock them off the bubble

Michigan State gets a #1 seed?

Don't see that happening.
Michigan State has been playing very, very good ball ... I think it would have been a toss-up between M State and Duke

The bubble is extremely weak.

They are 100% safe at 9-9 in conference. They might even get in at 8-10. They will have a better RPI then most bubble teams, as well as a better top 50 record then almost everybody on the bubble. There was no major blemishes for them OOC and it was not flooded with really bad teams -- pus it included wins against FSU and Harvard.
I think that UCF was a pretty nasty OOC blemish

I think its going to be very hard for the committee to not have an ACC team as #1. If Duke beats UNC at Cameron they will lock up a #1 seed. Mark it. They currently have the #3 RPI (#1 CUSE, #2 MSU), they beat UNC on the road, their jersey has "DUKE" written on the front of it, and they can unleash endless wave of Plumlee fury against their competition.

FWIW, realtimerip.com projects Duke to finish the regular season at 26-5 (losing @ FSU) and MSU finishing 24-6 (losing @ IU). Plus MSU lost to UNC and Dukies on neutral courts. I can't see MSU taking a #1 seed away from Duke.

Kansas, K-State, Missouri and Baylor will not be pushovers.

What is Baylor's best win this year, who have they beaten seriously who?
West Virginia, Kansas St., St. Marys and Mississippi St?

every team who anyone considers a top flight team this year they have played they have lost including getting shots at both Mizzou and Kansas at home, Baylor is one of those teams I would love to see on Syracuse's side of the bracket, sure they have some athletes but our 2-3 zone would have them running to the locker room with their tails between their legs by half-time

and Kansas St? they are .500 in conference and are worthless outside of their own building, so they beat Baylor at Baylor, well Baylors best win is arguably Kansas St. so to not believe in one is to not believe in the other I guess, and the Missouri win is nice, but like Indiana vs Ohio St and Kentucky, and ND vs. Cuse, is just as much a byproduct of playing on their home floor, getting hot, and the other team playing below their standards.

they have lost to Oklahoma twice, Iowa State, and Texas

they are basically WVU, who oh ya, they lost to on a neutral floor

assuming syracuse and kentucky are locks, i think you got these teams fighting for the last 2 #1 seeds

north carolina/duke
missouri/kansas
michigan st/ohio st

so basically either the acc, big 10 or big 12 regular season champs are not gonna get a 1 seed.

All of those teams play again and if anyone gets swept they're out. If there's splits then it'll be decided in the conf. tourneys. And then odds are somebody other than the 2 favorites will win 1 of those tournaments - somebody like a Baylor or Wisconsin. Duke has to either beat UNC or win their tournament, Mizzou likely has to either beat KU or run win their tournament. UNC, KU & Ohio St probably all have to run the table. There's a good chance it'll all sort itself out.

Personally I would absolutely love to see that matchup. Talk about motivation and redemption...

Gentlemen, we beat them in the 1st round 2 years ago. The players on this team don't even remember 2005.

Sheesh! You are right and that pi$$es me off even more!~

We didnt get a bid because we lost athome to Drexel and Wichita State who ended up being terrible that season.

We didnt get a bid because we lost athome to Drexel and Wichita State who ended up being terrible that season.
We still had a better resumé than at least 2-3 teams that made it (Stanford, Purdue and Illinois come to mind). And so did Drexel, by the way.

We still had a better resumé than at least 2-3 teams that made it (Stanford, Purdue and Illinois come to mind). And so did Drexel, by the way.

Yah for sure. Arkansas was the other one. Stanford at least won one tough road game, @UVA iirc. Purdue & Illinois did not beat a single marginally decent team on the road all year - not one. I think the only road wins between the two of them were Northwestern & Penn St. And unlike us, they couldn't even beat a top team in their conference at home. So the old Gottlieb gripe about road wins rang very very hollow.

wichita state ended up bring terrible not drexel

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

I think that UCF was a pretty nasty OOC blemish

Central Florida is actually on the bubble, or not that far from it (they are projected #60 RPI). Given that was on a neutral court in Florida, its not even close to a nasty blemish at all or in the "Bad Loss" category.

If anything it was a missed positive opportunity rather then a negative. Top 100 Neutral and Road Wins are important for bubble teams and were a separator last year.

Central Florida is actually on the bubble, or not that far from it (they are projected #60 RPI). Given that was on a neutral court in Florida, its not even close to a nasty blemish at all or in the "Bad Loss" category.

If anything it was a missed positive opportunity rather then a negative. Top 100 Neutral and Road Wins are important for bubble teams and were a separator last year.

Thats a bad loss, come on

Thats a bad loss, come on

How can a loss on a neutral floor to a #60 RPI team be considered a bad loss for a bubble team? A game cannot be both a bad loss and a missed positive opportunity. And these type of wins are positive separators for the bubble teams.

It may be a bad loss for somebody looking for a #1 seed. But not for bubble teams. It was pereived as a bad loss at the time, only because we thought Uconn (while somewhat overrated) would be much better.

At the end of the day you have to somehow put 68 teams in the tournament. If you want to punish teams for "bad losses" like that, your not going to be able to fill the field.

Syracuse's losses at HOME against Drexel and Wichita St in its debatable miss in 07 or 08 were much worse then a neutral loss vs Central Florida.

They definitely are on the bubble ... at best and any loss for the rest of the season is going to knock them off the bubble
not if that loss is to us