Latest Palm Bracketology | Syracusefan.com

Latest Palm Bracketology

orange79

Internet Sleuth
SU the 4 seed in the West (first weekend in San Jose :confused:). If seeds hold, Butler in the 2nd round, Gonzaga in the 3rd, and New Mexico (2) or Arizona (3) in the regional final. Except for the location, I'd take that.

We won the Big 12 in 2003. It'd be cool to win the the whole West in 2013.

13 seed - Steve Austin. Odd team.

Ranked # 237 in offence. Ranked #5 in Defence. Never seen a team from not only a mid major, but one of the worst conferences. with such a defensive ranking.

We could be up 18-15 at halftime.

Ranked # 237 in offence. Ranked #5 in Defence. Never seen a team from not only a mid major, but one of the worst conferences. with such a defensive ranking.

or down

very unlikely butler ends up seeded as high as a 5 seed after that beating by vcu on saturday and number of losses tht they have had lately

Very similar story to when we played them in 09. They were 8th in the country in defensive efficiency. I remember people on here scoffing at the ranking. We scored 59 points in 69 possessions.

wasnt the final like59-42 or something in that game if i remember right it was in miami

wasnt the final like59-42 or something in that game if i remember right it was in miami

We won 59-44

Then in the next game we beat James Harden and the AZ State Sun Devils.

Then in the next game we beat James Harden and the AZ State Sun Devils.
I was there for that game.

Then had to fly back to Syracuse during the Oklahoma game - luckily, actually unluckily, I was flying Jet Blue.

Does Lunardi know how unlikely it is to have one set of at-large "first four" teams as a 12 seeds, and the other set as 14 seeds?

Does Lunardi know how unlikely it is to have one set of at-large "first four" teams as a 12 seeds, and the other set as 14 seeds?

Personally, I find Palm to be much more knowledgeable than Lunardi.

Personally, I find Palm to be much more knowledgeable than Lunardi.

Putting aside the low importance of the job, it's a very difficult position to truly judge b/c everything is done in hindsight, except for the final brackets, which usually are mysteriously similar. That said, especially this year, there seem to be significant differences in both teams and seeds, and a minor verdict may be rendered.

Its actually not out of the realm of possibility.

It happened last year. 12 Cal played 12 USF. Both at large selections. And there were also 2 at large teams at 14 last year as well. 14 BYU vs. 14 Iona.

Hes pretty spot on

I think the last four could really be anywhere between 11,12 and 13 - and not necessarily on the same line. I have never seen a bracket with them as a 14 - that is really out there. With conference beacketing rules and travel, and the fact that TV wants only one 16/16 match the first day, it could be anywhere from 11, 12,13.

The odd thing is he has an 11 seed playing in Dayton. That would almost 100% be where one of the play in games are played, so that the winner of the game and its fans do not have to travel.

Its actually not out of the realm of possibility.

It happened last year. 12 Cal played 12 USF. Both at large selections. And there were also 2 at large teams at 14 last year as well. 14 BYU vs. 14 Iona.

Hes pretty spot on

I forgot about the 14 last year. But the only reason it was on the 14th line was BYU, who has to play both in a pod and a regional that only plays Thurs/Sat. That threw a wrench in everything and reduces the possibility significantly. I don't think that was really fair to the 3 seed last year, and I don't expect them to do it again... but who knows. Its not like Syracuse-Marquette was fair in 2011 either.

In the prior year they were all 11 seeds. If a 3 seed is in Dayton, I expect the 11 seed line will have two of the teams,

I forgot about the 14 last year. But I think a big part of that was related to BYU, who has to play both in a pod and a regional that only plays Thurs/Sat. That threw a wrench in everything.

In the prior year they were all 11 seeds. If a 3 seed is in Dayton, I expect the 11 seed line will have two of the teams,

There is a decent chance (based on us getting a 5 seed) that we may be playing a play in game winner. Dont be surprised if you see that on selection sunday.

There is a decent chance (based on us getting a 5 seed) that we may be playing a play in game winner. Dont be surprised if you see that on selection sunday.

If we are a 5 seed we are likely going west, so I think we will avoid a play in participant, They shouldn't travel from Dayton to that far west for another game in 2 days.

If we are a 5 seed we are likely going west, so I think we will avoid a play in participant, They shouldn't travel from Dayton to that far west for another game in 2 days.

Could also be shipped to Austin which could work for a Dayton team.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom