Latest Palm Bracketology | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Latest Palm Bracketology

Could also be shipped to Austin which could work for a Dayton team.

It could.

Marsh, who would you rather play in the first round. A good mid-major (ex Akron) or the winner of a play in between two power conference teams. I know it largely depends on matchup, but do you have a preference between the two?

It could.

Marsh, who would you rather play in the first round. A good mid-major (ex Akron) or the winner of a play in between two power conference teams. I know it largely depends on matchup, but do you have a preference between the two?

Funny you should ask that because I scouted 6 teams this week and did reports on each one in case we get paired against one of them.

I did

Akron, Stephen F Austin, Louisiana Tech, Bucknell, Valparaiso and Davidson.

Out of these teams the only ones that would scare me a little would be Akron, SFA (because they play like Pitt). I also know Belmont would be a tough matchup because they shoot it well and are a VERY experienced team (think Cornell 3 years ago and Vermont in 2005)

With that said I am going to freak out if I see a BCS team next to our name on the line (Iowa State, Kentucky, Virginia). No freaking way. Give me St. MAry's, Lasalle, Middle Tennessee State any day of the week over a BCS school

Funny you should ask that because I scouted 6 teams this week and did reports on each one in case we get paired against one of them.

I did

Akron, Stephen F Austin, Louisiana Tech, Bucknell, Valparaiso and Davidson.

Out of these teams the only ones that would scare me a little would be Akron, SFA (because they play like Pitt). I also know Belmont would be a tough matchup because they shoot it well and are a VERY experienced team (think Cornell 3 years ago and Vermont in 2005)

With that said I am going to freak out if I see a BCS team next to our name on the line (Iowa State, Kentucky, Virginia). No freaking way. Give me St. MAry's, Lasalle, Middle Tennessee State any day of the week over a BCS school

I was looking the last 3 years on the 12 line:

There was 1 BCS teams last year - play in game(Cal and USF)
There was one in 2011 (clemson)
There was none in 2010

If we are a 5, it would seem that we are a likely to avoid the play in game (but not 100%) and it seems like the last at larges from BCS are mostly at 10/11.

There was none in 2010

If we are a 5, it would seem that we are a likely to avoid the play in game (but not 100%) and it seems like the last at larges from BCS are mostly at 10/11.

I still have nightmares from 2006 when I saw the name Texas A&M come up on the 12 line. I literally almost threw my recliner through the window knowing what a screw job that was. I want to see an inexperienced non BCS team on our line. Even last year we got a senior laced UNC Asheville team. I dont like seeing teams that have a lot of upper classmen that dont want their college careers to end. This is why I dont want Belmont.

There was none in 2010

Forgot to mention Bucknell in that category as well. I know Lunardi has us playing them in his latest projections. They have the conference player of the year and defensive player of the year in Mike Muscala who is a freaking beast inside (20/11 and 4 blocks a game) who would have a field day against our big men. Granted we could pack it in but I wouldnt want to take our chances.

this blog by andy glockner has some interesting things in it about 2nd and 3rd round sites

There are two types of these issues this year. For example, Indiana’s home city of Bloomington is about 10 miles closer to Dayton than it is to Lexington, so either site would be fine from a distance standpoint (although Dayton doesn’t force Indiana to play in Rupp Arena, which probably wouldn’t be the most friendly crowd for the Hoosiers). For a team like Miami, there’s no site anywhere near them, so does it matter if you get on a plane to Philadelphia, Lexington or Austin if the committee deems all of those trips to be relatively comparable for the Hurricanes? And would sending Miami to one of those sites in particular help keep another protected seed much closer to home?

http://college-basketball.si.com/20...uestions-as-selection-sunday-2013-approaches/

Man I want Sparty to keep losing so we can take their 3 spot in Auburn Hills (assuming of course we can actually start winning games)

you selfish bastard

Man I want Sparty to keep losing so we can take their 3 spot in Auburn Hills (assuming of course we can actually start winning games)

Michigan St. isn't losing at home to NW, but they could lose at home to Wisc. and then lose the first B1G tourney game. In that scenario if SU beats DePaul and G'town and makes a run to at least the Big East semi's then I could see SU in Auburn Hills as a 3 seed.

Michigan St. isn't losing at home to NW, but they could lose at home to Wisc. and then lose the first B1G tourney game. In that scenario if SU beats DePaul and G'town and makes a run to at least the Big East semi's then I could see SU in Auburn Hills as a 3 seed.

That is the exact scenario that I am hoping for.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom