Latest Palm Bracketology | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Latest Palm Bracketology

OK, Palm has classified his bracket as final with Michigan as the last 1 seed, even if they lose to MSU. His tweet: The bracket is final...even if Michigan loses, I'm sticking with them as the 4th No. 1. The committee could rightly disagree, but not w/UVa

Wow I think we are getting the East with Sparty fing this up. If UVA is below Nova then we sneak in if UVA goes South. Syracuse vs. Duke is closer than people think for the East.

Wow I think we are getting the East with Sparty fing this up. If UVA is below Nova then we sneak in if UVA goes South. Syracuse vs. Duke is closer than people think for the East.
So Nova the 2 East and UVA the 2 in the South? If Nova is ahead of UVA in the S-curve this is totally plausible

So Nova the 2 East and UVA the 2 in the South? If Nova is ahead of UVA in the S-curve this is totally plausible

jncuse said:
I am certain Lunardi knows the rule, but making that mistake is just horrible cross checking.

Meh, the guy is updating after every game right now. If I had to guess he is more concerned about seed rather than location. I know he likely gets paid bank to get it but...

But doesn't the statement I posted above (Each of the first four teams selected from a conference shall be placed in different regions if they are seeded on the first four lines.), which comes before the statement you quote above, override your quote for the top 4 teams? Otherwise, these rules contradict each other. I can see teams meeting in your quote above, but I believe my quote is specific to the top 4 teams from a league. So UVA and SU could not be top 4 in the same region. Unless I am totally misreading it.

I read it the same way. Based on the guidelines, SU could face UNC earlier than previous years, but they can't be in the same region as UVA or Duke if all are top 4 seeds.

Palm's bracket has UVa as the 2 in the South, with Nova the 2 in the East (Mich 1, SU 4, Oklahoma 5).

EDIT: And KS as the 3

Its possible. With the committee combining numbers and eye test / recent play this could really go anywhere.

The committee thinks really highly of Louisville or Virginia. Not sure which one was that 3rd team the chair spoke of this morning.

If its Louisville, that open the door. If it was Virginia, that closes it shut.

Looks like you guys have the NCAA selection rule change from last year mixed up. The rule change states the following:
"Teams from the same conference that played only once during the season can now face each other as early as the third round of the championship. Subsequently, teams from the same league that met twice during the year will not potentially play each other until the regional semifinals. Also, teams from the same league that played each other three times during the course of the season cannot play until the regional championship game."

http://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball...s-bracketing-guidelines-division-i-tournament

Thus Joey Brackets #3 in the East w/Virginia is entirely permissible. Let's go Orange!

there is also a rule about top 3 from 1 conference in top 4 seeds being placed in separate brackets

East: Michigan, Nova, Cuse
South: Florida, UVA, MSU
Midwest: WSU, Ville, Kansas
West: Zona, Duke

Would you guys rather have Buffalo or MSG. I think it's pretty obvious MSG but if we only could have one which one do you guys want?

Duke isn't as strong as we think they beat Clemson and Nc State it will be close if Nova blocks UVA.

Duke isn't as strong as we think they beat Clemson and Nc State it will be close if Nova blocks UVA.
If this all falls to what we hope it may have been a blessing in disguise that we didn't play Duke.

Sparty may get 3 seed Midwest and push Duke west and SU could be the 4 in the East.

I agree it's close, especially if you do it by the numbers. I am not confident the commitee makes the call on anything other than the old eye test and that Duke made it further this weekend.

Michigan is a weak one and I know some guys who would love another shot at them in MSG.

Please happen
Please happen
Please happen
Please happen
Please happen
Please happen

Michigan is a weak one and I know some guys who would love another shot at them in MSG.

Please happen
Please happen
Please happen
Please happen
Please happen
Please happen
Yes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8