Latest Palm | Syracusefan.com

Latest Palm

orange79

Internet Sleuth
Posted this morning. According to this version, SU will be spending all its time (before the FF) on the West Coast. He has SU a 5 seed. If chalk holds:

In San Jose - vs. # 12 Mid Tenn St, then vs. #4 St. Louis (although I think Bucknell could take the Billikens in the 1st round). If we get through that, it's on to the City of Angels.

In LA - vs. #1 Gonzaga, then (again chalk) the winner of #2 AZ/#3 Michigan.

As many have said, we will be the trendy/likely 5 seed to lose in the 1st round.

Yup, I would definately see us as the trendy 5/12 upset pick. I would also see us as the 4/5 any 1 seed s***s themselves over when we pop up in their region.

Yup, I would definately see us as the trendy 5/12 upset pick. I would also see us as the 4/5 any 1 seed s***s themselves over when we pop up in their region.
True. It seems that teams first think they will just have to shoot over our zone. Then they see it in action and are freaked out by our length and ability to adjust. Count me as someone who sees us winning a couple of games and messing up quite a few brackets...IF we can make a shot or two.

after the 1st 2 games in san jose we would play in los angeles not SLC

I would be really interested in seeing us play Gonzaga. I dont think Gonzaga would have any clue what they're walking into against our size, length and athleticism in a zone.

Yup - you're right. I fixed it. Didn't scroll over to notice that SLC was also a first weekend site. Thanks!

Honestly, put us out West. I'd rather see Gonzaga, Arizona as our top seeds than Duke, Miami, Indiana, etc. We've been in the East the past few years and it hasn't helped us.

A five seed is kind at this point. If we lose on either Wed or Thurs in the BET we're likely falling to the #6/7 line. Don't underestimate the effect of the drubbing yesterday on national TV (eyetest) and its likely effect on the committee especially having lost 7 of the last 12. Ouch.

A five seed is kind at this point. If we lose on either Wed or Thurs in the BET we're likely falling to the #6/7 line. Don't underestimate the effect of the drubbing yesterday on national TV (eyetest) and its likely effect on the committee especially having lost 7 of the last 12. Ouch.
I think the committee took the "last 10" out of their discussions.

Can anyone remember what seed we were "projected" to have locked up in 2007 when we were jobbed? We finished 5th that year too.

I'm not holding my breath until next Sunday and I see our name announced.

we're not missing the tournament. I think most projections had us around an 11 seed, maybe a 10?

edit: guess i was beat to it

Also, I remember in 2007 when Andy Glockner used to do the ESPN Bubble Watch (before he moved to SI), he had us in the "should be in" category.

I'd take that draw. Should be able to get to the S16, at least.

I would be really interested in seeing us play Gonzaga. I dont think Gonzaga would have any clue what they're walking into against our size, length and athleticism in a zone.

Yet, we would have no one that could handle Olynyk.

1 win in the BET locks us into at least a 5 seed.

Remember, any further games would be pitting us against a top 10 team. A loss there is not a bad loss.

Also, I remember in 2007 when Andy Glockner used to do the ESPN Bubble Watch (before he moved to SI), he had us in the "should be in" category.
He had us out, which I thought was absurd- until we were really out, which I thought was bull .

We could lose 155-0 in the first BET game, and we'd still be no worse than a 7 seed.

BRACKET MATRIX(avg of 76 mock brackets) has us still in the 4 seed group even after the loss yesterday(we moved down to #16 on s curve from 14)

No bad losses, that's why our computer #s and seed projections are still in good shape.

BRACKET MATRIX(avg of 76 mock brackets) has us still in the 4 seed group even after the loss yesterday(we moved down to #16 on s curve from 14)

Out of curiosity, how many of those 76 brackets have been updated since yesterday?

Out of curiosity, how many of those 76 brackets have been updated since yesterday?
According to the page, 25 are dated 3/10.

EDIT: If you average only those 25 that were dated today, the average is 5.08 (some 4's, some 6's). So at this point, a pretty solid consensus 5.