Latest word on the offense? | Syracusefan.com

Latest word on the offense?

SaltineWar

Scout Team
For anyone in the know: What type of changes to our offense can we expect going into this year? Is it more or less complicated than last year? More pass-heavy? More run-heavy? Option? What's the latest? I remember reading something back in spring about the pistol formation that gave me horrific flashbacks to the Grobber era.

I for one hope we continue to run the ball at least as much as we did in the second half of last year. It really seemed to wear teams out by the end of games. With JS45, PTG, and maybe Hunt in the backfield, and player-coach Sr. Macky MacPherson in charge of the o-line, I expect great things on the ground.

For anyone in the know: What type of changes to our offense can we expect going into this year?
In one of the other threads it was mentioned that McDonald is spending a week with the Falcons, so that's your model.

Agree that you've got to find a way to get Rome, PTG, and Morris enough touches. The key will be the speed at which we operate. I expect a fairly vanilla offense that is run very quickly and hopes to catch defenders off guard, and to wear them out.

For anyone in the know: What type of changes to our offense can we expect going into this year? Is it more or less complicated than last year? More pass-heavy? More run-heavy? Option? What's the latest? I remember reading something back in spring about the pistol formation that gave me horrific flashbacks to the Grobber era.

I for one hope we continue to run the ball at least as much as we did in the second half of last year. It really seemed to wear teams out by the end of games. With JS45, PTG, and maybe Hunt in the backfield, and player-coach Sr. Macky MacPherson in charge of the o-line, I expect great things on the ground.
Try to think about the 49ers running the pistol and maybe you'll feel better.

I think we need some semblance of a passing game to keep defenses honest. I'm also concerned that although we have some solid ball carriers we need to see how the offensive line shapes up minus a couple of key components from last year.

Think fast and furious and of course hardnosed!

Don't forget the second half of the year was when Justin Pugh returned and we could run on most teams that we played. I too hope we can run like we did in the 2nd half of the year. I also hope we have a consistent deep threat receiver and a qb with a consistent touch to deliver the ball and open things up.

Don't forget the second half of the year was when Justin Pugh returned and we could run on most teams that we played. I too hope we can run like we did in the 2nd half of the year. I also hope we have a consistent deep threat receiver and a qb with a consistent touch toe deliver the ball and open things up.

we should remember that all the new guys on the OL are more athletic and mobile that Lou Alexander was God Bless him I know he was trying hard but the way D linemen just ran around him made me have a heart attack on every play. I think we are in good shape for this season

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom