Laughable | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Laughable

Watch it again. It was close but he was never set

You don't have to be 100% set. I've already watched it about 20 times. I also think it could have been a three point play or a no call. But of course, at Cameron duke is going to get every call.

Dammit...

Well, I'm glad you admitted we would have won if JB didn't pick up those Ts. I agree 100%, we win but for JBs reaction.

It's mature reactions like that from Duke fans that makes me like you ppl.
JB reaction was warranted. Absolutely horsespit call at that point. I am all for the first technical. The second may have been overkill

Wrong. Absolutely wrong.

I'm not defending the call going against us. I'm just saying it literally could have gone either way.

But I also think that it was bush for an official to call that type of foul and wave off the basket in a game of this magnitude, with two top 5 teams playing in an even game, thereby determining the game's outcome.

Grant has got to feel like he was hit by a semi. He only got half the calls he should have gotten. Very inconsistent calls. Knick nack out front, killer under the basket.

I'm more upset with the first half performance when we were up 6-8 and could have added to that but brick after brick.

He was set.

Your coach is what lost you the game.
Not according to the new rule.

"Under the revised block/charge call in men's basketball, a defensive player is not permitted to move into the path of an offensive player once he has started his upward motion with the ball to attempt a field goal or pass," according to the new rule. "If the defensive player is not in legal guarding position by this time, it is a blocking foul. Previously, a defender had to be in legal guarding position when the offensive player lifted off the floor."

NOD1 said:
He was set. Your coach is what lost you the game.

Read the rule book if you can.

I just wish the refs would be consistent. If that was a charge on CJ, then it should've been a charge on Parker when he ran over Gbinije.

No, shitty officiating is what lost us the game. You guys wouldn't have had success scoring inside like that without both of our centers being saddled with BS fouls. You had an 8 on 5 advantage, and we still almost overcame it.
Most accurate post of the night!

Not according to the new rule.

"Under the revised block/charge call in men's basketball, a defensive player is not permitted to move into the path of an offensive player once he has started his upward motion with the ball to attempt a field goal or pass," according to the new rule. "If the defensive player is not in legal guarding position by this time, it is a blocking foul. Previously, a defender had to be in legal guarding position when the offensive player lifted off the floor."
You forgot one thing at the end: However this does not apply to Duke.

I just wish the refs would be consistent. If that was a charge on CJ, then it should've been a charge on Parker when he ran over Gbinije.

Agree 100%.

Grant has got to feel like he was hit by a semi. He only got half the calls he should have gotten. Very inconsistent calls. Knick nack out front, killer under the basket.

I know, some really light contact called fouls on our end - Grant was getting manhandled on a bunch of his putbacks, and not a single call. Bananas.

Last year you can argue it is close, new rules on the block-charge makes this easier. Fair began his move to shoot. You cannot get the charge call unless you are set before he begins that move. You are seeing with your Duke heart not your eyes if you think he was set before Fair begins his shooting motion. Not close.

did not read the entire thread but what about the drive by grant where he went down for a second. announcers mentioned his bad back. total flop by thornton (i believe) where grant basically landed on him on the the ground and a no call. that was what the fair call should have been at worse.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom