LAX Action for Feb 1-4 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

LAX Action for Feb 1-4

Duke has a real nice team offense but the lack of an elite attackmen or overall offensive player is already clear.

Duke has a real nice team offense but the lack of an elite attackmen or overall offensive player is already clear.
Agreed. Dyson Williams not looking to great now either. But could be some first game nerves

Duke goes down 14-13.

Seems as if Duke loses early each year.
1580591347236.gif

UNC made Colgate look like a hs team. Colgate threw the ball away, played defense like strangers in a pick up game, might as well have played without a goalie and prayed for the mercy rule. Watch, they will kill it next Saturday.

For Duke, Montgomery was invisible. Defense poor. Slides late or early. AF rookies took over the game. One constant for Duke was FOs who gave Duke the ball over and over again without much to show. Typical Duke opening day. UNC looks much tougher. Probably too early for any judgments.

UNC made Colgate look like a hs team. Colgate threw the ball away, played defense like strangers in a pick up game, might as well have played without a goalie and prayed for the mercy rule. Watch, they will kill it next Saturday.

For Duke, Montgomery was invisible. Defense poor. Slides late or early. AF rookies took over the game. One constant for Duke was FOs who gave Duke the ball over and over again without much to show. Typical Duke opening day. UNC looks much tougher. Probably too early for any judgments.
AF put a pole on Montgomery. Seemed to take away his signature diagonal speed dodge. His one jump shot (another of his specialties) was saved by the goalie.

Duke loses despite annihilating Airforce at face offs. Seemed like they were 100% in the fourth. If face offs were 50/50 this game would not have been remotely close. Horrendous offball d from duke and terrible finishing/shot selection. I know they always do this in February but I years past you knew they had some elite vets who were still dusting off the cobwebs. Only guaranteed elite guys now are JT Giles Harris and Nakie. Upgren continues to be an unimpressive goalie. Dyson Williams with a poor debut. I know it’s one game but I’m more concerned about UNC at this point.

Duke loses despite annihilating Airforce at face offs. Seemed like they were 100% in the fourth. If face offs were 50/50 this game would not have been remotely close. Horrendous offball d from duke and terrible finishing/shot selection. I know they always do this in February but I years past you knew they had some elite vets who were still dusting off the cobwebs. Only guaranteed elite guys now are JT Giles Harris and Nakie. Upgren continues to be an unimpressive goalie. Dyson Williams with a poor debut. I know it’s one game but I’m more concerned about UNC at this point.
According to the stats, Duke won 5 of 8 FO's in the 4th.

Could be an interesting year for them.

That AF goalie was on with 17 saves. Duke O be fine but their D might be questionable. no one in Mellen's class.

The Terps managed to beat the point spread. High Point hung with the Terps in the 1st half, but the Terps blew it open in the 2nd half.
Jack Brennan and Danny Maltz both started for the Terps. Brennan was playing midfield so he might move back to the 2nd line when Kyle Long gets healthy. Brennan had a couple of nice goals early and Maltz had a goal and an assist. Both handled the ball well; neither was charged with a turnover.

The freshman to worry about for High Point was 6'3" Tyler Hendrycks, a Canadian, who had 3 goals and an assist.

Duke gets High Point next.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom