LAX Action for Feb 1-4 | Syracusefan.com

LAX Action for Feb 1-4

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
1580134408797.png

How good is this Iroquois attackman Devon Buckshot for High Point? He is listed as a red-shirt freshman.

Ohio State's FOGO Justin Inacio is out as well with a lower body injury. No timeline for return

Not an injury, but according to posters at Fanlax it sounds like #1 recruit at Virginia, Shellenberger might redshirt this season. Interesting development.

Not an injury, but according to posters at Fanlax it sounds like #1 recruit at Virginia, Shellenberger might redshirt this season. Interesting development.
Wow, the rich get too rich. They should save some of those players for the rest of us.

Been meaning to talk about him a little bit. Saw many parts of the UVA games vs team USA and Canada. He came in on the second line and had very little impact. He very well may have an excellent shot but did not seem fast enough to beat their short sticks and didn't have the strength to use his body against them. Granted there is no shame in that when you are going up against the best players in the nation, but UVA was able to get offense going with some of their other weapons. Our real concern for new offensive guys on UVA should be their redshirt freshman Peyton Cormier. He is a large/very strong Canadian with those classic canadian stick skills. He made a serious impact, even against team USA. Might be considered an offball guy at first glance but he was strong enough to create shots on his own. He looks somewhat like I imagine Brennan Oneill will look in college. UVA had him firmly in the starting lineup at middie. While Shellenberger wont be a concern for now he certainly will be. I actually worry about how our LSMs would match up against a guy like that who uses his body. Him vs Fernandez would not be pretty for instance. Fortunately our SSDMs are quite strong.

How can the #1 recruit not be able to contribute and have to redshirt? I don't care how loaded UVA is.

How can the #1 recruit not be able to contribute and have to redshirt? I don't care how loaded UVA is.

I think it is a unique situation - they have all three starting attackmen back and, from what I've read - he might be wasted at midfield. I guess they could move Moore back to midfield, but he was so productive at attack it sounds risky. For what it's worth, the argument could be made that the Orange should have redshirted Jordan Evans when he came in, he ended up playing some SSDM which was certainly not a good fit.

And yes, watching highlights Cormier looks like he will be a lot to handle. What's more is you still have Aitkin to worry about, so short sticks will most likely have to deal with him. Guess you could short stick Laviano but you can't overlook him. Team will be really hard to defend.

As for Roberston and Duke, if he is out for the year, curious who they bring in to replace him - they have Manown and Carpenter who saw time last year, but don't have a ton of depth. Probably means Dyson Williams will for sure start. Seems like a lot of pressure for a freshmen, as Manown is up and down and Carpenter doesn't strike me as a ACC level starter. I think the guy to watch for them is Ledmon, the midfielder.

Nauseates to hear about any injuries. Pray that Cuse and all our opponents stay as healthy as can be and wish the speediest and fullest recoveries to all .Just amateurs and more to college than lax but it absolutely sucks and depresses to be deprived of something they love to do. Keep your chin up and stay positive, better days ahead.

I think it is a unique situation - they have all three starting attackmen back and, from what I've read - he might be wasted at midfield. I guess they could move Moore back to midfield, but he was so productive at attack it sounds risky. For what it's worth, the argument could be made that the Orange should have redshirted Jordan Evans when he came in, he ended up playing some SSDM which was certainly not a good fit.

And yes, watching highlights Cormier looks like he will be a lot to handle. What's more is you still have Aitkin to worry about, so short sticks will most likely have to deal with him. Guess you could short stick Laviano but you can't overlook him. Team will be really hard to defend.

As for Roberston and Duke, if he is out for the year, curious who they bring in to replace him - they have Manown and Carpenter who saw time last year, but don't have a ton of depth. Probably means Dyson Williams will for sure start. Seems like a lot of pressure for a freshmen, as Manown is up and down and Carpenter doesn't strike me as a ACC level starter. I think the guy to watch for them is Ledmon, the midfielder.

Cormier is legit. He causes a serious matchup issue with any short stick. My best guess on how to defend UVA would be to double pole the midfield and try to lock off Laviano on the crease. I'm not sure if that's possible, but I think that's the best way to stop them.

As for Duke, I think they will survive without Robertson. They are loaded with good midfielder so they could run most of the offense through midfield. As for Carpenter, I have no idea if he's a starting ACC level attack man, but he can ball out. Towards the end of last season all he did was make plays. He's definitely not a guy to sleep on.

still wondering what lax vegas lines mean if no place in vegas can you actually bet it?

UNC up 7-0, end of 1st.

Chris Gray w/4 goals so far.

This guy...

They have been all finishes essentially. But yeah he could clearly blow by all these Colgate guys if he really wanted to. Senior mid Justin Anderson looking really good.

still wondering what lax vegas lines mean if no place in vegas can you actually bet it?
Offshore books offer odds. The twitter account has always been “for entertainment purposes only”.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom