LAX Action for Feb 6-10 | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

LAX Action for Feb 6-10

3-0 last week
Towson +4
Penn State -3.5
Michigan -4.5
2-1 got Towson and PSU big time, but came up short on Michigan. I thought Michigan might get a little more offense going against Cleveland State than OSU did, but apparently Cleveland State is not a total rollover anymore.
5-1 overall.

Shocked Lehigh lost, wow. 1-2 again. Liked Towson and Cle State but didn't pull the trigger, f Rutty

Stunned to see Towson -JHU stats , 21-7 faceoffs, 43-18 gb's, 50-34 shots, 16 vs 19 to's.

Towson must be very good because JHU is inarguably tough and physical.

Shocked Lehigh lost, wow. 1-2 again. Liked Towson and Cle State but didn't pull the trigger, f Rutty
Lehigh was awful. They were up 2 men for 30 and didn't get a shot on goal in the 2nd. They couldn't catch and throw even when they were a man up. Better lacrosse was played in snow storms last year.

No guts no glory, in not picking Towson.
I knew Towson would win the face off battle decisively, but I expected Hopkins to compensate. I was surprised how poorly Hopkin's close D played, that was supposed to be a strength.

not sure i get this. they beat almost exclusively mediocre teams last year and lost to good ones repeatedly.
anyone tell me why they were preseason #13, folks thought they'd roll week one and shocked with a loss?

not sure i get this. they beat almost exclusively mediocre teams last year and lost to good ones repeatedly.
anyone tell me why they were preseason #13, folks thought they'd roll week one and shocked with a loss?

Brought back just about everyone with a pulse, good recruiting class including what some believe is the #1 FOGO and a high end D with the best LSM in the country. The D part held up, that offense though YIKES.

Brought back just about everyone with a pulse, good recruiting class including what some believe is the #1 FOGO and a high end D with the best LSM in the country. The D part held up, that offense though YIKES.
again... they beat no one, struggled mostly with also rans. when you move past the top 30 it's mostly academic. they're high school teams. fogo's in high school don't translate (like most other positions) until they translate and match up with a different caliber of athlete.
i just saw the score based on your reply. lol.

again... they beat no one, struggled mostly with also rans. when you move past the top 30 it's mostly academic. they're high school teams. fogo's in high school don't translate (like most other positions) until they translate and match up with a different caliber of athlete.
i just saw the score based on your reply. lol.

I certainly agree Lehigh has a long way to go but the top 30 comment clearly isn't true as both Colgate and High Point are outside the top 30 and we saw how that went. Lehigh was supposed to be a team that took that next step this year, so far it looks like they took 10 backwards as that was a brutal loss.

we have no idea who is a top 30 team or not this year yet. we're 1 1/2 weeks in.
colgate had some very good early results last year, got out of the running, mailed it in. got a new coaching staff.
high point played even to mediocre teams for too much of the season, but also played some power 5 conf teams very close and finished the season on a roll.
i watched them both play this weekend, and i'd put them light years ahead of teams in the bottom half of division 1. and would be very surprised if they slipped back.

3-0

Lehigh -2
Denver -4.5
High Point +6.5

Probably jinxing it right now but that Lehigh game feels like easy money

2-1. In the future I will keep my mouth shut about easy money. Sorry to all who were hurt by this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom