LAX Action for Mar 20-24 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

LAX Action for Mar 20-24

Does anyone know what’s happened to Cam Hay at Albany, injury?

Is that a tongue-in-cheek comment?
OSU's recruiting did seem to be picking up, getting a top attack recruit Jack Myers 2 years back and following up with Grant Mitchell (along with his brother) last year. Looked to be getting another top one in Brendan Grimes this year, but Grimes switched to Hopkins. I don't know that they got a top recruit this spring. They have a five-star defenseman listed for next season. It sort of looked like the fuse was lit from their championship game run until Grimes dropped out. Now OSU seems to be more at the level of finding diamonds in the rough. They could be moving into the transfer game next spring though, with LeClaire and Terefenko moving on.

Using IL's rankings, Michigan and Hopkins look to be 2nd and 3rd in the Big Ten in recruiting over this 3 year period. Rutgers coach is really good at finding guys, like Shane Knobloch.

PSU looks questionable. Their big recruit 2 years back, Birch, hasn't shown up yet, and they lose a lot of seniors this year. They do have a good class coming in with a 5-star goalie and 7 4-stars next year.
It was a sort of sarcastic comment, it was more of a comment on there classes as a whole rather than 20/21, they have some stars and a lot of USA U19s etc which may be more to do with Myers being USA coach.

It was a sort of sarcastic comment, it was more of a comment on there classes as a whole rather than 20/21, they have some stars and a lot of USA U19s etc which may be more to do with Myers being USA coach.
There did seem to be some questionable choices there for the U-19 team.

I believe they are planning on playing the game this summer. If the US really wants win, they would be wise to make some wholesale changes to the roster.

Nice for us! Will make our win against them more valuable. Not sure this is your classic "tuesday is for the hunter" situation Quint, seeing as Umass isn't some sort of powerhouse.

Albany will be a very interesting matchup this year, real nice attack unit and Casey is a good middie but prone to disappear against upper level teams. SU will need to be prepared for this game or it could go very badly. That said Albany is still weak in the middle of the field where SU is the strongest, will be a fascinating game.

Albany will be a very interesting matchup this year, real nice attack unit and Casey is a good middie but prone to disappear against upper level teams. SU will need to be prepared for this game or it could go very badly. That said Albany is still weak in the middle of the field where SU is the strongest, will be a fascinating game.
I am not too worried outside of the potential for it to be a trap game and our occasional instances of playing down to the competition. UVM beat them and I don’t think UMass is good enough to the point where barely beating them is scary, especially considering their late start due to COVID delays. Of course UAlbany will be out for blood as usual. Wycoff can handle Patterson, Depietro can handle tehoka. Kennedy can handle whoever emerges as their other large threat. Advantage at the x. Not too worried.

Nice win without Tehoka who is still a force to be reckoned with.

The tape I saw of his supportive involvement did not warrant a suspension

I’ve watched every Albany game and they have all the parts and are fun to watch.
streaky goalie- Donnelly who is technically sound and doesn’t guess! Throws great outlets and get the transition going.
Big strong Def inc Gash who is a horse, Hay, Kunz and Kozar. Piseno from Liverpool is an undersized LSM but smart and aggressive.
Endres is an elite Faceoff guy from Victor
They throw a lot at you at middie with the big man Casey with outside shooters Bergmaster & Hogg. Ron John is a great athlete and smart two way! Look also for McComber and Freshman Tucker.
Attack of Patterson, Yunker, Tehoka and Cam Hay causes match up problems.
They are always looking for a slide and to find the open guy!

All the games are available on demand at the links posted above fun games to watch!

Last edited:
Here is the fight! For some context Albany had just scored two BTB goals had a BTB clear by the goalie and I think Bing had had enough it was a chippy game!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom