LAX Action for Mar 25-28 | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

LAX Action for Mar 25-28

MD lax in the big 10 is just like Clemson football in the acc. Clearly a team loaded with talent, but you feel like you can’t gauge them properly until they play the equivalent of an Alabama or Ohio State. Hop Osu Penn State and Michigan all look mediocre at the very best and they are beating each other. Rutgers has looked formidable at times, but that’s only when they are playing those 4 teams just mentioned. The playoffs will be fascinating.

I don’t think the MD D has faced an offense as potent as us, Duke, or UNC, but anyone saying they are better than MD or MD is better than those three teams is just speaking with zero real evidence.

MD lax in the big 10 is just like Clemson football in the acc. Clearly a team loaded with talent, but you feel like you can’t gauge them properly until they play the equivalent of an Alabama or Ohio State. Hop Osu Penn State and Michigan all look mediocre at the very best and they are beating each other. Rutgers has looked formidable at times, but that’s only when they are playing those 4 teams just mentioned. The playoffs will be fascinating.

I don’t think the MD D has faced an offense as potent as us, Duke, or UNC, but anyone saying they are better than MD or MD is better than those three teams is just speaking with zero real evidence.
Rutgers' offense seems pretty potent. Grill did a nice job shutting down Kirst and Maker did a nice job holding down Mullins. Playing Rutgers at Rutgers is usually pretty tough.

In general what you are saying is true. Although it is fair to note that the ACC has pumped their records up playing a lot of weak out-of-conference teams. What are those 3 ACC teams big road wins?

Nice seeing Hopkins lose. They drop into a tie with PSU for 4th at 2-4.

NIKE/US LACROSSE TOP 20

No. 4 Army 13, Holy Cross 3
No. 7 Virginia 12, No. 9 Notre Dame 11 (Recap)
No. 8 Denver 19, Providence 11
No. 10 Georgetown 8, Villanova 7
Towson 7, No. 13 Loyola 6 (OT)
No. 17 Ohio State 14, Michigan 6
No. 20 Bryant 11, Merrimack 10

OTHER SCORES

Air Force 8, Bellarmine 6
Boston University 13, Lafayette 9
Detroit Mercy 11, Siena 9
Drexel 19, Robert Morris 13
Jacksonville 18, VMI 12
LIU 18, Wagner 13
Marquette 10, Cleveland State 5
Mercer 15, Utah 10
NJIT 14, UMass Lowell 10
Quinnipiac 5, St. Bonaventure 4
Saint Joseph’s 14, Mount St. Mary’s 13 (OT)
Stony Brook 16, Albany 10
UMBC 7, Binghamton 6

Sacred Heart at Hobart, PPD
Canisius at Marist, PPD

Teams I like to watch this year (other than Cuse):
Stony Brook
Albany
Towson
Rutgers
Loyola
Vermont
Georgetown
Hobart
Le Moyne

I agree that the B10 is a lot of meh this year, but I still think Maryland is in that tier with Duke/UNC. Right now I'd even give them the edge against Cuse, VA, and ND they're just solid across the board and their only real weakness is inconsistecy at the face-off but I think a lot of teams have that problem right now. It's unfortunate that ther B10 didn't get to play any out of conference games but I think the Terps will be as formiable as anyone come tournament time.

I agree that the B10 is a lot of meh this year, but I still think Maryland is in that tier with Duke/UNC. Right now I'd even give them the edge against Cuse, VA, and ND they're just solid across the board and their only real weakness is inconsistecy at the face-off but I think a lot of teams have that problem right now. It's unfortunate that ther B10 didn't get to play any out of conference games but I think the Terps will be as formiable as anyone come tournament time.
Yes 100% I think they are in the highest college lax tier. It comes down to if you have a potent offense, and I think their combination of depth and excellent ball movement stands out from almost anyone. Also this is besides the point but I think Cuse is right there with MD UNC and Duke. Sticking with Duke like that on the road proves it. Hard to put them in a tier below Duke after that game. Similar to MD I think Cuse has a nice combo of depth and excellent team offense, with FOGO inconsistency being a major problem. Both teams would kill to have last years face off rules back.

Yes 100% I think they are in the highest college lax tier. It comes down to if you have a potent offense, and I think their combination of depth and excellent ball movement stands out from almost anyone.
I still find it hard to accept that they are in the Big Ten at all...even if it has been 6 years! Imagine the conference if Maryland was still in the ACC? WOW.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom